Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 10:58 AM

Re: Cats - sheesh!

Now you have hit a problem by complaining about yet another species your argument about dogs is diminished completely. We as I said in the other thread have to learn to rub along together and that means being a bit tolerant of others and not expecting the world to work just for your enjoyment. Less selfish I think covers it.

Much healthier for you too to just relax and not get so het up about things.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
The problem with cats and this kind of thing is that cats are a law unto themselves - even domestic cats rarely do as they're told. If people stopped owning them, more of them would not have had a trip to to vets for the snip and there'd be even more feral cats! So, maybe owning a cat (in a responsible way) actually keeps the numbers down?
Again it all boils down to owners being responsible. Of course that doesn't help the wildlife a great deal. As someone very forcefully mentioned figures are a bit suspect but there is no-doubt a huge number of wild animals are being killed every year.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I hadn't realised until recently what a troll was - apparently it is mostly as you say, an attention seeker (often pathological) that deliberately posts anonymously and negatively on websites because of a lack of a real life, in short a saddo with psychiatric damage!
Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
OMG I now realise you're simply a wind-up merchant. Do you spend time trawling the internet for these sensational news stories that provide little evidence of what they're talking about!

Really - go get a life - seriously.

Yayyyyy .... fight

Go for it *sits back and munches popcorn*

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Again it all boils down to owners being responsible. Of course that doesn't help the wildlife a great deal. As someone very forcefully mentioned figures are a bit suspect but there is no-doubt a huge number of wild animals are being killed every year.
My point was that cats would exist whether people kept them or not - isn't that how they became pets in the first place?

All animals have predators - including us; it's the way the world has always worked and animals kill each other in the wild every day.

Maybe this is an argument for letting dogs run off the lead given the animosity between cats and dogs

(before I get battered by the cat lovers, that was said tongue-in-cheek)
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Much healthier for you too to just relax and not get so het up about things.
I think all you need to take a step back and reconsider who I am. I think these threads I start are worthy of thought and lively discussion. They are important to me and have crossed my mind on numerous occasions. I try my best to be objective but will admit to 'wumming' at times to liven things up a bit. Never-the-less the topic subject matter is a very important one and should be discussed in my opinion.

As for getting 'het up' about it you are all wrong in that department too. I do get 'het up', as others do, when someone annoys me with a nonsensical opposing argument, or throws personal insults my way but who wouldn't?

Now all please all calm down and just stick to the subject matter at hand .

*wow - cat owners are worse than dog ones*
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:11 AM

*wow - cat owners are worse than dog ones*

That's because we're catty innit

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:13 AM

I think all you need to take a step back and reconsider who I am. I think these threads I start are worthy of thought and lively discussion. They are important to me and have crossed my mind on numerous occasions.
Err, hang on - I'm trying my best here to discuss it with you so less of the 'all need to step back'

I try my best to be objective
No you don't

but will admit to 'wumming' at times to liven things up a bit.
Nothing wrong with a bit a wumming to get things moving
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:16 AM

But that's what animals do - they kill one another,)

So do men Mark!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Err, hang on - I'm trying my best here to discuss it with you so less of the 'all need to step back'
Ok should have read 'most' .

No you don't
Well sometimes I do .

Nothing wrong with a bit a wumming to get things moving
I think maybe I have over wummed this morning .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2013, 11:20 AM

I need a hug .

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top