Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 04:50 PM

The Paradise

I see tonight "The Paradise" starts again, I used to enjoy that. Did many of you watch the last series?
I shall enjoy tonight, what with the Strictly results, then Paradise, followed by Downton.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 04:51 PM

Re: The Paradise

Is it as good as Downton ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 05:37 PM

Oohh hello Pats CG - sorry - I'm back now.
Well maybe not quite as good as Downton, but very enjoyable none the less. Might be tricky to pick up if you missed the previous series though.
Have a look tonight if you can and tell me what you think.
p.s. where you gone? how come the previous post was deleted?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 05:45 PM

EDIT - We're gonna try it Mups - wont be tonight tho' - its Strictly and Downton, so will record it ......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 06:25 PM

God no, no bedroom scenes! Simply old fashioned manners. Sarah Lancashire is superb as department supervisor Miss Audrey.

I have read what has 'happened' in the interim between the two series, vis a vis Moray and Denise.

I loved the show yet not a fan of any other period drama. Forgot it was on tonight, yay! Checked the tv guide, it's on before By Any Means. Oh and Surprise Surprise on at 7, so that's me sorted out for tonight.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oohh hello Pats CG - sorry - I'm back now.
Well maybe not quite as good as Downton, but very enjoyable none the less. Might be tricky to pick up if you missed the previous series though.
Have a look tonight if you can and tell me what you think.
p.s. where you gone? how come the previous post was deleted?
I thought you'd gone !!
I think we've both 'gone' - dont you .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
God no, no bedroom scenes! Simply old fashioned manners. Sarah Lancashire is superb as department supervisor Miss Audrey.

I have read what has 'happened' in the interim between the two series, vis a vis Moray and Denise.

I loved the show yet not a fan of any other period drama. Forgot it was on tonight, yay! Checked the tv guide, it's on before By Any Means. Oh and Surprise Surprise on at 7, so that's me sorted out for tonight.
Thanks Jazzi - I've confused this thread somewhat now - one of them days .....
Hope we can follow the story. I'm not for period dramas either - but I do like 'Downton'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I thought you'd gone !!
I think we've both 'gone' - dont you .....

We've got the early signs Pats CG
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-10-2013, 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;365640]God no, no bedroom scenes! Simply old fashioned manners. Sarah Lancashire is superb as department supervisor Miss Audrey.

I loved the show yet not a fan of any other period drama. QUOTE]

Jazzi, I have missed something important I think. Can you tell me why that new chap now owns "The Paradise" please?
What happened to the American owner from the last series?
I'm all of a muddle now.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 02:12 PM

I was really looking forward to this the first time round. Sounded right up my street, period drama with Sarah Lancashire what's not to like? I got about half way through first episode before giving up. Sorry, found it dull, dreary, and laborious it just did not grab my attention and run with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top