Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:43 PM

Re: How fast is your broadband?

I wish you could too!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You can.... it just takes a bit longer
Far 'too' long
Spider
South Yorkshire, England
Spider is male  Spider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:46 PM

The 'super speeds' arrived at the right time for me Meg as we always have the grandchildren round with their laptops, i-pads and the like, so we can all now use the internet without interrupting each others access, if you see what I mean?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I wish you could too!
You'd be the first I'd visit
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks everyone

Honey, the download speed is the most important, followed by the upload speed - the higher the better, as it indicates how fast you can read (download) web pages and the upload speed for uploading files etc.

Bruce, I'm assuming that's a wired connection? That could explain yours and Marts excellent ping times.
I wired my whole house in the days when WiFi was unaffordable and my kids were still at high school but now of course I have both. All the wired systems do now is connect all the TVs, media players, home theatre and my one desktop (which I use most of the time). The latest wifi speeds are really fast, a big improvement on those 54bps systems.

I wonder if my VOIP slows it down much - no one notices that I don't have a 'real' phone line - big improvement on the ADSL days when VOIP was useless when a few people were using the internet.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wired my whole house in the days when WiFi was unaffordable and my kids were still at high school but now of course I have both. All the wired systems do now is connect all the TVs, media players, home theatre and my one desktop (which I use most of the time). The latest wifi speeds are really fast, a big improvement on those 54bps systems.

I wonder if my VOIP slows it down much - no one notices that I don't have a 'real' phone line - big improvement on the ADSL days when VOIP was useless when a few people were using the internet.
Could you do a speedtest while connected via wifi please Bruce? (You too, if you can please Mart.)

I am interested to see what the difference in speed is, if any.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Ok... I have cancelled our Sky package and ordered with Plus.net (a subsidiary of BT).

We have the 79Mbps pack... let's hope they can deliver close to it
Spider
South Yorkshire, England
Spider is male  Spider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 04:35 PM

I wish you well with it Azz......Good Luck and keep us informed.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Definition of Infinity - the time you have to wait for a page to load using BT.

I get approx one byte a day, unless it rains and then the carrier pigeon shelters. A marvelous service from BT at only £1000 a day. NOT.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 04:43 PM

I forgot to say my monthly rental of £7 includes all my telephone calls too so even if it's slower than some it's still a bargain!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top