Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Re: Fab Animal Pictures !

Thanks Nom - It was my belief that as I was not making a profit, just sharing pictures that are already out there - that would be OK .......
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 01:07 PM

I wouldn't worry Patsy. Like Nom says I've seen a couple of these pictures on Twitter (especially the parrot one). If you're the owner and post on a social website I don't think you're too concerned about copyright and ownership.

As Realspeed says on Photographic sites things are different and quite often they will block "Save image as". I can understand photographers wishes to protect their images on these sites.

Also as Nom says, if on the million to one chance they do have reason to complain, they'll probably just ask you to remove it. You do and that'll be the end of it.

Don't lose any sleep over it
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 01:19 PM

Thanks ever so Andrew - thought that was the case
I'm a good gal - I am
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm a good gal - I am
I don't know Patsy. I was talking about photographs
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
I don't know Patsy. I was talking about photographs
Little Tyke
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Bazza - Not sure now if I am doing something wrong, I take a lot of pictures from newspapers and having found a 'good news' one - I wanted to share these pictures.
Surely as most people buy a newspaper, it would be OK to share a picture from it .........?
Far better to put a link to the site, that way you are not infringing anything
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Far better to put a link to the site, that way you are not infringing anything
Yes - must do that !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Again from the 'Good News' online paper - here we go ......

And
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-12-2014, 04:57 PM

This bear wants to get a good view ........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Hi Patsy, what wonderful photos, of course I like the doggy ones best especially the three of them looking through the door You have brightened up my day and far better than discussing the subject of stupid humans Ooops better stop now I feel a rant comming on

Regarding the copyright issue, Realspeed (Who I think I know from another of Azz's forums) is right to mention it but in all honesty I can't see you are doing anything wrong, as you said above they are from other sites which have public access and you are not making any money from them.

Good luck to you I say and while I'm on a very Happy Christmas as well

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top