Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 07:46 PM

Are Seagulls a menace ?

I love birds but Seagulls are my least favourite, I liked them better when they lived out at sea and you saw them from a distance. Now, they are so close to home and its a bit like the Hitchcock film.
Now they are like sweepers or should I say swoopers - nicking yer chips and Ice cream, picking up the litter left behind (not so bad)
What do you think - are they an asset or a bloomin nuisance .........
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 08:20 PM

Re: Are Seagulls a menace ?

We only live 10 miles from the Coast, they are round our town all the time, not that keen on them TBH, lot of noise and mess .

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 08:22 PM

They are a blooming nuisance Patsy, twice I've had one swoop and snatch a sandwich out of my hand

Not mentioning how many times they have left a horrible message on my clothes!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 08:28 PM

NO they are a successful member of the natural world that thrive in every type of condition because they are adaptable, and as stated humans make it easy for them to thrive by their wasteful and appalling treatment of the environment.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 09:06 PM

Twice in my life they have stolen my food and once they have shat (is that a word?) on me, so I am not very keen on them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:09 PM

Living by the sea or only minutes away, (cooden beach) bexhill on sea, seagulls are constantly overhead.
A menace? erm I have not found so apart from their crying at 4 am in the morning waking me up
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:13 PM

We are not far from Dublin bay and the screeches of them in the early hours of the morning are unbearable, no I don't like them at all.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
They are a blooming nuisance Patsy, twice I've had one swoop and snatch a sandwich out of my hand

I hate 'em! when I go to the park to feed the ducks it's like a scene out of The Birds! they come straight at me, hundreds of 'em and that's scary, they then go after the ducks to steal the bread, I'd rather have the pigeons, they just tootle along behind me hoping they'll get some crumbs, inevitably they do
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:41 PM

We are miles from the sea but you can hear the gulls in town feeding on the rubbish tips.

I don't mind them, they have a place here...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Did you not learn something after the first occasion, and did the messages pre-date the swoop.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top