Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 12:17 PM

Re: Are Seagulls a menace ?

Knowing your love of cheetahs I was imagining them roam our streets, as I said any animal can be a nuisance !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I love birds but Seagulls are my least favourite, I liked them better when they lived out at sea and you saw them from a distance. Now, they are so close to home and its a bit like the Hitchcock film.
Now they are like sweepers or should I say swoopers - nicking yer chips and Ice cream, picking up the litter left behind (not so bad)
What do you think - are they an asset or a bloomin nuisance .........
Hey !!! Pick up your own litter, leaving it for those poor Seagulls !!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Many years ago when my son was in hospital in Bath I could cheerfully have strangled each and every seagull in the vicinity. I was sleeping in a top floor flat and there were seagulls nesting on every flat ledge and roof throughout the city. They were awake at 3.30 am each morning - and so was I - and I expect, everyone else in the area. Maintenance men had to get on the roof of the hospital one day. There had to be two of them, one to do the work and one to fend off the attackers with an umbrella.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Many years ago when my son was in hospital in Bath I could cheerfully have strangled each and every seagull in the vicinity. I was sleeping in a top floor flat and there were seagulls nesting on every flat ledge and roof throughout the city. They were awake at 3.30 am each morning - and so was I - and I expect, everyone else in the area. Maintenance men had to get on the roof of the hospital one day. There had to be two of them, one to do the work and one to fend off the attackers with an umbrella.
That 'is' a problem - I like to see animals in their own habitat, its is a shame that the Seagulls have been forced to come into the cities - a real shame for them and for us ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Hey !!! Pick up your own litter, leaving it for those poor Seagulls !!
I never leave litter gal - speaking of those that do
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:40 PM

My home at Strato Castle is not really troubled with seagulls, so they are not a nuisance to me. I can understand that they are a problem by drawing a parallel.

Here, the big problem is jackdaws. At least, I think thats what they are, as I'm not really into the feathered kinds of birds! To me they are just big, black feathery things. They are in such numbers here that they are causing problems for not only humans, especially in the form of property damage, but also other wildlife.

Even if I do consider all life to be equal, I think its time for their numbers to be controlled. As it appears from comments on this thread that the same problems are happening with seagulls, then perhaps the same should apply to them, albeit on a lesser scale if some of them are on the endangered list.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:44 PM

I don't have a problem with birds - just people !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2014, 04:46 PM

No Fendy - they are in their natural habitat ......
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No Fendy - they are in their natural habitat ......
Seagulls or Jackdaws?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Seagulls or Jackdaws?
The birds you're on about, they don't belong near the sea do they .......

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top