Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:06 PM

Wildlife you have seen 2015.

Gone are the days when Jan 1st saw me diving all over the place in an effort to see all i could birdwise.

So today saw me saunter down to Killy lake for a wander and gawk at one and all. Cold but clear on arrival at the lake, which was partly frozen, but covered in 100+ Tufted Ducks and a similar amount of Coots.

Scanning around about 40 Mute swans and 20 Canada geese with smaller numbers of Mallard, Pochard, Shoveler, and singles of Scaup, Goosander and a slack handful of Moorhen.

Good numbers of BH Gulls, some ringed, and decent amount of Common and Herring gulls.

The woods, church, and village had plenty of mixed birds Blackbirds, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Goldcrest, Blue, Long Tailed, and Great tits, Dunnock and Robin with Corvids and Starlings, Pigeons adding to the tally.

Several species displaying, and the familiar "Teacher Teacher" call of the Great Tit seemed to be all over. First Snowdrops of the year were in bloom, and good crack with a few like minded souls out enjoying the day.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Re: Wildlife you have seen 2015.

Sounds absolutely lovely Nom - my idea of Heaven in fact
I have to rely on your beautiful pictures and the others here that kindly share their photos - a big thank you to you and them
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:32 PM

My partner lives in farmlands, so we see so many beautiful species.

The most wonderful thing I saw was a wee kangaroo called Zoe and I was able to stroke her and feed her. I've Oz to thank that for. The water dragons were fantastic. Hundreds of them. The bell birds with their beautiful chant. I go could on and on.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Went for a walk along the beach. Saw some seals (4 or 5) lying on the rocks. Nearby in a field was this young Roe deer. It didn't seem worried about our presence, but we didn't try to get too close - hence not a great pic.

Plenty of Oyster catchers, Shags, Guillemots, Gannets etc., and a few Curlews too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:44 PM

Ah - I wonder how old it is - must be OK though or the Mother would be there .........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Wish I could say we enjoyed todays wildlife but it turned into a bit of a nightmare, Betty was off lead first and managed to find a rabbit, luckily rabbit went through a small hole in the fence and because she was wearing a coat Betty got stuck so we could catch up with her and put her back on lead. Bit later Elsie was off we checked for rabbits first but didn't realise we were going to encounter about 6 deer who leapt across our path, Elsie never met one before and was off like a shot ! Managed on 6th call to get her to stop and then I sat on the ground (it's very muddy out there !) and pretended to be hurt so she came back to see if I was alright. Much amusement to Grace when I stood up caked in mud so at least someone enjoyed it
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wish I could say we enjoyed todays wildlife but it turned into a bit of a nightmare, Betty was off lead first and managed to find a rabbit, luckily rabbit went through a small hole in the fence and because she was wearing a coat Betty got stuck so we could catch up with her and put her back on lead. Bit later Elsie was off we checked for rabbits first but didn't realise we were going to encounter about 6 deer who leapt across our path, Elsie never met one before and was off like a shot ! Managed on 6th call to get her to stop and then I sat on the ground (it's very muddy out there !) and pretended to be hurt so she came back to see if I was alright. Much amusement to Grace when I stood up caked in mud so at least someone enjoyed it
Julie, I love those names, Betty and Elsie

My partner's cat is called Bert, which I think is cute.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Julie, I love those names, Betty and Elsie

My partner's cat is called Bert, which I think is cute.
When Elsie is old enough and quieter we are looking at adding to the family and are thinking another Chihuahua - Edna ! We like old fashioned names - bet you didn't notice that
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Good day today, with a pair of Otters at a local reserve. I never get tired watching these amazing mammals.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 05:50 PM

I'm lucky enough to live in a fairly rural town. So I see lots of birds loads of herons, egrets hawks and sea birds of various types.
This weekend we spotted several roe deer grazing in a field which was nice too.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top