Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:51 AM

Re: Tennis grunts and groans

I was watching McEnroe on the after show for Wimbledon the other night Aysa and he sure knows his stuff, mind you it would be nice if he lets someone else get a word in, I was laughing because I think he does it on purpose.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:55 AM

lol Im sure he does Shirley he has a mischievous sense of humour and yes he really does know his stuff doesnt he..its hard to imagine him now as that young tantrum filled youngster he once was
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 11:32 AM

Ah well it's only once a year, spare a thought for me, I have to put up with old lads grunting and moaning over their pints every day of the year.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 12:08 PM

few years ago' a few women had warnings including the russian who played yesterday with serena ..but she was still doing it and spoilt the game 'the crowd dont like to hear it coz it just gets louder ''all put on ofc , men tennis is far more enjoyable ..
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 12:29 PM

I agree, sharapova should be penalized for grunting so loud. I am sure it is done purposely to off put her oponents. I too only watch the men now or should I say only watch Andy Murray! I hope he wins today!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 05:29 PM

Sadly I find that Andy Murray is a repetitive groaner too. Give me Djokovic or Federer any day, though.

Sheesh! These matches are exhausting to watch!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
few years ago' a few women had warnings including the russian who played yesterday with serena ..but she was still doing it and spoilt the game 'the crowd dont like to hear it coz it just gets louder ''all put on ofc , men tennis is far more enjoyable ..
It has been proved that the grunt by the Russian woman does increase the power of the shot, so you have to allow it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Murray can groan and grunt all He wants for Me as long as He gets to the final..come on My Son;~)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:13 PM

I think the first lady grunter on the tennis courts was back in the early 1990's. Does anyone remember Monica Seles? She always sounded as if she was in agony and her opponent at the time was Jennifer Capriati who, not very politely, told her to shut up!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think the first lady grunter on the tennis courts was back in the early 1990's. Does anyone remember Monica Seles? She always sounded as if she was in agony and her opponent at the time was Jennifer Capriati who, not very politely, told her to shut up!
Good for her!
We need more of that!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top