Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 02:52 PM

PC or laptop that is the question?

It is time to invest in another computer. The PC I have at present is so cluttered up that it is so slow in loading anything that I can drop for a snooze whilst waiting.
I also have a laptop that also is slow although there is not a lot loaded on it.
I thought that I would go for another PC, but just browsing what's about, it seems that laptops also seem to be a preference for some.
I am at present using my iPad Air 2. But there are things that I cannot do with it and need a PC or laptop.
Before you ask, film editing, transferring files to certain devises, saving data, videos, photos to memory sticks and CD/DVDs etc.
These things I can do with PCs and laptops.
But cannot decide what to get. Cost is not a problem as it's the kids inheritance I will be spending.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 02:57 PM

Re: PC or laptop that is the question?

PC or laptop that is the question?

Hubby just put the sledge hammer through my old PC for the very same reason.
I have a laptop and a notebook, I don't do much downloading of anything so memory is not a problem.

So may answer is Laptop so much easier frees up Computer room, no noise, my desktop fan was doing my head in.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 03:21 PM

we replaced our pc with a laptop and a tablet each, best thing we could have done. All totally portable so can read etc in the garden, and altogehter they take less space than old old pc. Memory capacity isn't a problem as modern laptops have as much (or more) memory than older tower systems.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 04:20 PM

Can't imagine going back to a PC we had no room to keep one in the lounge so I had a desk in the built in wardrobe and used to sit among our clothes on line. Now with the lap tops we can sit in comfort on the sofa. No contest really for us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 05:02 PM

Both have their uses. I would be lost without my PC in the craft room but do most of my writing on the laptop.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 05:07 PM

My husband spent a shed load of money on a smart laptop, but he's got Windows8 which he detests and can't get on with.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 05:11 PM

Whatever I decide to get I shall wait until the end of this month, as a new version of windows is coming out. I think they said it was 10. Will check.
Yes it is 10 available 29th.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Ah, I know one person who will be pleased!

What happened to 9???
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

22-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Another reason that I want to upgrade, is that I ordered one of these. I have a selection of hard drives, from my old PCs I do have a 'enclosure' but this device is a must have.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

22-07-2015, 05:37 PM

http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Fl...n.jpg.html?o=0
This is it

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top