Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:43 PM

Re: Walter Palmer (the killing of Cecil the lion)

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
No, it is not 'natural' Apricot because cats are not native to the area -
they are an introduced species against which native fauna have no instinctive defence.

And I consider it far worse for millions of humans to condone the daily torture and slaughter caused by cats than one loony Yank killing one lion.
The lion population has decreased by 75 per cent - you may find that acceptable - I do not
We need to protect all of these wonderful animals or they will be of the past
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
No, it is not 'natural' Apricot because cats are not native to the area -
they are an introduced species against which native fauna have no instinctive defence.

And I consider it far worse for millions of humans to condone the daily torture and slaughter caused by cats than one loony Yank killing one lion.
Honestly I don"t know whether to beam or scream .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
PS I don "t have a cat, but surely that is the law of the jungle, if you will excuse the pun.
Dogs hunt cats but everyone gets into a right lather about that...This old excuse that it just something cats do is unacceptable.

Domestic cats are getting close to becoming vermin. Overbred and roaming wild, killing precious and vunarable wildlife.

Entirely different matter to a lion hunted down by a man for a bit of fun.. Im glad this man is hiding and feeling scared now maybe he realises just how his victims felt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 08:37 PM

This isn't just about killing one lion, now he is dead the next lion to take his crown will kill all his cubs we could be seeing 12 or more animals killed by this man's action. The lion was wearing a collar too denoting he was part of a breeding plan to help bring up the terribly low number of lions left in the wild.

I don't think prison is enough for this crime he should have to pay a huge price for this and the money used to help the nature reserve.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Dogs hunt cats but everyone gets into a right lather about that...This old excuse that it just something cats do is unacceptable.

Domestic cats are getting close to becoming vermin. Overbred and roaming wild, killing precious and vunarable wildlife.

Entirely different matter to a lion hunted down by a man for a bit of fun.. Im glad this man is hiding and feeling scared now maybe he realises just how his victims felt.

Well said, Cass. I hope he has to look over his shoulder for a very long time. And the same with any other of these hunters too.
As I said earlier, it wasn't even for food or self defence, it was purely the thrill of killing. Then he had to go a step further and decapitate it and skin it for a 'Trophy'.
This man and others like him, are pure evil.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:10 AM

The killing of this lion is truly horrific and I think there is something seriously wrong with people who kill anything for fun .
However as a result of this I have just become aware of another truly horrific practice ' canned hunting ' .
This is where lions and other big cats are bred in cruel captivity so that people can pay between £5,000 and £20,000 pounds to go into an enclosure with them and kill them . The cats are hand reared so that their Mothers can breed again more quickly to produce even more cubs to shoot .
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:25 AM

I suppose i will be shouted down for this but i feel that this bastard Palmer should be thrown into a pit full of lions so he could be torn to pieces after what he did. But i suppose what he did will be discussed at any future cocktail parties he has in the future, money talks he will get away with what he did and sadly it will be forgotten its terrible what happened to that poor Lion shot, skinned, beheaded but this is going on everyday in Africa and should be stopped but i think theres a lot off money swapping hands in high places and it will never stop.Just because scum like Palmer have money what right does it give them to think they can go around killing these magnificent animals?
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:28 AM

Don't see why you would be shouted down I think most people will agree with you
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:37 AM

Good sport would be to hunt him down with a crossbow and see how he likes beige left in agony for hours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
The killing of this lion is truly horrific and I think there is something seriously wrong with people who kill anything for fun .
However as a result of this I have just become aware of another truly horrific practice ' canned hunting ' .
This is where lions and other big cats are bred in cruel captivity so that people can pay between £5,000 and £20,000 pounds to go into an enclosure with them and kill them . The cats are hand reared so that their Mothers can breed again more quickly to produce even more cubs to shoot .

Abbey, I've heard talk of the same being done by the hunting fraternity with fox cubs they rear for the purpose.
Nothing surprises me at the sick minds of some people.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top