Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Re: Bit of a fright this morning

What an awful frightening experience you must have had Julie.

Have to agree with the other comments, it does need reporting.

Its sad because I blame the owners for the way there dog acts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Had a hideous day and night as I was getting ready to head to the hospital Betty lost the use of her back legs, had to rush her back to the vet, she was kept in over night just brought her home, still not right but she is able to walk unsteadily now, he says the bite damaged her spine and the resulting inflammation cut off the blood supply to her nerves hence the collapse. He operated and now we have to keep her quiet and just wait to see how she heals.

Police and dog warden are taking it seriously and while they work on a case against the owners they have suggested we work on a civil case to get our vet fees paid. TBH I think that is least they can do.

Social services are involved too because when the police attended they found the baby has flea bites (18 months old poor little boy) so they may be in trouble about welfare of him too.

Council housing have been informed apparently that is normal procedure by the dog warden so they have trouble coming from all sides by the look of it.

Just concentrating now on settling my two, not used to Betty our little energiser bunny looking so sad and quiet.

Elsie is traumatised too we have had problems before getting her up and down the stairs here and this has set her back completely.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:34 AM

Julie I hope both your dogs make a quick recovery,
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:37 AM

Oh dear, things seem to be going from bad to worse. I do hope for your sake that both you and the two dogs can overcome this assault. For that is what it was. I hope the neighbours get taken to the cleaners for what they have allowed to happen. I am pleased the police and welfare are taking the matter up seriously. Good luck with your recovery all three of you. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:51 AM

Oh Julie I don't know what to say, I am so sorry..
Just sending you a big hug ....x
I hope you will all be ok...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 11:02 AM

I second what Meg said. And I hope that the various agencies involved resolve the problem quickly. That dog clearly is not adequately trained by its owners.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 11:04 AM

I am so sorry to hear this Julie and I sincerely hope that little Betty makes a full recovery. I am glad that the authorities are taking the matter seriously but, as I mentioned previously, you should take out a civil action against the owners, if for nothing else then at least to recover the vet fees. If this family have children then the dog should be removed from them or next time it may be a child the dog turns on.

My best wishes to little Betty for a speedy recovery and I hope Elsie gets over the trauma too.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Push for action and your costs Julie, you might want to include the cost of therapy for Elsie too...

After my beagle Benny was attacked in February the bit healed quickly but what I handt bargained on was the effect it had on Remy who wasnt even attacked but further along the path at the time..
But since then he has refused to walk in the area or the park he distrusts all other dogs barking and growling if they come near and if I let him off the lead he just tries to head home..

The poor dog has become so traumatised by the whole thing Im really concerned about his quality of life. Dont let this happen to you and Elsie.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Very sad for all of you - but pleased the authorities are taking this matter seriously
Wishing you a favourable outcome and sincerely hope the dogs will feel better in time xx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 01:56 PM

Police came with a van to take the dog away but surprise surprise the couple say it was stolen over night and they don't know where it is. So where ever they have it hidden there is an extremely dangerous dog out there somewhere.

Spoken to the dog warden after that and he says it won't make any difference to how the council react and he can still take action. So they will most likely be told to remove it from the flats or move out themselves.

Elsie is a wreck and Betty just wants cuddling.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top