Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 06:09 PM

Re: A bit of a low mood tonight . . .

Solo that is so sad, that you have to live with bad memories. My worst experience was my 1 year old pup, who I had bred, was in an RTA a few years ago. I will never get over that experience. Only a dog/animal owner and lover will understand what agony we go through when our pets leave us.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
All of us with pets will know how hard it is to make that phone call to arrange the evil deed, and I find no matter how many times I have had to do it over the years, it never, ever gets any easier, or hurts any less.
Oh Mups, I just know how bad it makes you feel and I vowed after my beautiful spring spaniel and my old cat that I would never ever have anymore as I cant make the heart breaking decision again.

What I did do to try to lessen the stress on me but mainly Elle I got the vet to come out to our house to do the awful deed and I will never as long as I live forget when the vet knocked on the door Elle barked, this is some 20 years ago and I can still weep for her.

Its the last thing we can do for our beloved pets, they cant do it themselves.
My post wont help you ( sorry) but I do understand as do many other posters.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 07:37 PM

It never gets easier-I think it gets harder.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 12:21 PM

Mups my heart goes out to you and your old girl, and as others have said you will know when the time is right.

When our Sammy was poorly and we were taking her to the vets, we asked the question about when the time would be right and the vet said we would know. She kept rallying for quite a while before we had to make the awful decision. But to this day although it still hurts we knew.

Lots of love to you both.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Thanks Shirley. At the moment she seems a bit brighter again. I cooked her some Lamb mince for her tea tonight, and she has just eaten it all up, so that pleased me. She has gone back to bed now, her legs are pretty wobbly, but she is coping at the moment. I've just got to play it by ear, but I'm glad I managed to get the drugs from the vet for when the time comes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your poorly companion,its always worrying at times like these, at least she had a wonderful life shared with yourself, hopefully long may it continue..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 11:57 PM

Thankyou Nom. It's a constant drain on emotions when I've struggled to decide to make the phone call next day, only to find when the next day arrives, she is much brighter again, so I can't bring myself to do it.

If she is still with me next week, I am taking her to my animal chiropractor next week, to find out if there is a problem with her lower spine that might be causing her back legs to let her down. I will lift her in and out of the car as she can't jump in now.
Many years ago, when she was young, she slipped a disc in that area and I just want it get it checked out, rather than merely assume its old age and nothing can be done.
I shall feel better in my own head if I know beyond doubt that I've done as much as I can.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:31 AM

Thinking of you both Mups x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-09-2015, 12:33 AM

Bless you Patsy. x x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Bless you Patsy. x x
Just been reading about the healing Mups - I'm going to see if theres a healer in my area - worth a try .............

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top