Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 04:31 PM

Noisey dog in car

Whenever i take my 18 month old Cavapoo out in the car all he does is whine and the noise ends up giving me a terrible headache. I have tried taking him him out everyday for short trips but still does no good. I was wondering if its the Poodle side of him that makes him so anxious. If any off you have any ideas on how to stop him making this awful din in the car i would be very grateful. ☺
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 04:38 PM

Re: Noisey dog in car

We have had various dogs who were noisy in the car last 4 we suddenly realised it entirely depended where they sat in the car, some loved the boot and settled down there nicely and the two we have now are best on the back seat, one enjoys a canvas crate and the other prefers a harness with seat belt arrangement. Took us a couple of weeks of trial and error but we found the best for each dog and now as long as no motor bikers with helmets on come along side us at traffic lights etc we have peace and quiet. Lovely
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Here is the noise maker in the car which Doc is talking of.

Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:03 PM

He is noisey but i love him to bits☺
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Whenever i take my 18 month old Cavapoo out in the car all he does is whine and the noise ends up giving me a terrible headache. I have tried taking him him out everyday for short trips but still does no good. I was wondering if its the Poodle side of him that makes him so anxious. If any off you have any ideas on how to stop him making this awful din in the car i would be very grateful. ☺
Easy....leave him at home !
It is obviously frightened by the experience, and would be cruel to continue the torture.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

30-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Wrong Malcolm you cannot let a dog rule your life.☺
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:19 PM

Wrong Malcolm you cannot let a dog rule your life.☺
Then you should not keep a dog, they are animals like us and suffer like us. What you are doing is cruel they are not toys !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

30-09-2015, 05:23 PM

You talk a load off crap im not cruel to my dog and never would be so just watch your mouth!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:28 PM

He is noisey but i love him to bits☺

Oh Doc, what a lovely little chap.
I don't believe a word of what you are saying about him, he's too gorgeous to be naughty.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:34 PM

I tend to agree with Julie ,maybe if he is on the back seat he might like it better in the boot space or maybe on the front seat..give him a chew to chew on when you go in the car and see if that helps something that he isnt going to eat in a hurry,it might just keep him distracted while youre travelling.
He looks a right "butter wouldnt melt in my mouth" doggy in the pic doesnt he..lol

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top