Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:37 PM

Re: Noisey dog in car

Aysa he always has treats in the car☺
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Easy....leave him at home !
It is obviously frightened by the experience, and would be cruel to continue the torture.
Leaving him at home would be the cruel thing to do, dogs need and love to get out and sniff the wild country and to them it is just like reading a newspaper "Oh that GSD came by here this morning" or "That smells like a rabbit was here today" etc. etc.

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Then you should not keep a dog, they are animals like us and suffer like us. What you are doing is cruel they are not toys !
A basic error that so many humans make, dogs are NOT little humans in fur coats, they think and act in different ways to us and despite humans thinking they are the most intelligent creatures on the planet, about 80% of the time they are not.

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
You talk a load off crap im not cruel to my dog and never would be so just watch your mouth!!
Well said Doc.

Could it just be excitement that he is going somewhere and I think he probably associates going out in the car with walks and smells and general good doggy fun with one of his pack 'buddies'

Julie made a good suggestion, try different places in the car it might just work.

You didn't say what happens when you have your partner in the car as well, she could try to calm him, stroke him, reassure him. if that works then I would put money on it being excitement.

You need to try different things because like I was saying we don't speak the same lingo as dogs so it's sometimes hard to know what they are trying to tell us.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Aysa he always has treats in the car☺
but are these treats that last a while like a jumbone ? if his mind is distracted with a bone he may begin to think going in the car isnt so bad.
Also like Losos said how about if you have someone else in the car with you and they coax him and stroke him gently.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the good advice Losos☺
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:03 PM

My dog whines and talks in the car ,and its because she can not wait to get out and play ball , I tell her to lie down in a firm voice and she does now ..
I did start with her sitting on the back seat with me , but now she is in the very back part and she prefers that .
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:08 PM

Our dog is just the opposite, she crie's with excitement and jumps about when she knows where she is in the van, especially going to my mother and father in-laws house, otherwise she'll lie down on her bed and doze off zzzz

Maybe you could try talking to your dog Henry as you drive or sing as you go and take his favourite toy with him. A lot of dogs don't like the silence and solitude in the back of a car.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Doc, how long do you leave him in the car alone for?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

30-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the advice ☺
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

30-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Susie i never leave him alone in the car☺
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Good article on your problem Doc

http://pets.thenest.com/cure-whining-dogs-car-9221.html

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top