Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 06:59 PM

Re: Cesar Millan (split from Barbara Woodhouse thread )

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ok Mups but I have lived with dogs and slippery floors as in hot countries most people dont have carpets ,
Dogs love them as hard floors are usually cool.
my last old dog was 12 and had no trouble at all

My old gal turned 17 last June, so bit of a difference there.
Wouldn't put pups on it either, especially the Shepherds I used to have.

There is a compromise I think, and some stuff you can have layed that is sort of 'ridged' so a better grip. A friend of mine with 6 dogs has just got it. I might possibly consider that in a conservatory or similar, but I'd never have something like parquet (spelling?), no matter how smart it looked.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 12:08 AM

We just found a parquet floor under a carpet we pulled up but we have put a new carpet over it rather than have it renovated because the dog doesn't do so well on wooden floors. He hates the laminate in the kitchen.
Caro
At Home In The UK
Caro is female  Caro has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:38 PM

Our staffie Poppy didn't like the solid floor,so we had carpets laid...
She is a rescue dog we have had for the past couple of years,never had a problem with her at all...can't think how/why she was in a pound,we couldn't have had such a loving perfect girl,so well trained too,who ever lost/gave her up must have been so upset...

I personally dislike the videos that have been shown here,I find the man cruel imo...

Love, patience, kindness,training,and time given to these dogs with a problem/ rescues/or any dog should be all that is needed...

If one cannot do the above,then they should not have dogs...again imo...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 05:29 PM

The dogs that CM have for the most part been given love and kindness they are not abused dogs they are dogs that have incompetent owners.
It should be all that is needed but sometimes its not especially when the animal has been allowed to develop bad habits.
Sometimes it needs someone who understands dogs and has the confidence to correct problems with dogs that have behaviour problems.

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top