Join for free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Gertie

I am going to tell you something, then run away quick before I get shouted at.

After taking Megan back last week, the house quickly resumed to normal. Then I had a phone call to tell me about 2 Bedlington sisters looking for a home.
I wanted to go and see them, but was also v-e-r-y wary of a making the same mistake all over again.
Then I also discovered they were 'livers' (brown Beddies), which I have wanted for years.
I was in such a quandry, so discussed it with a friend. I was terrified of a repeat performance with my other dogs again.
Myfriend said she believes some things are meant to be. If it had worked out with Megan, I would never have known about this liver girl. This was to be my last dog now because of my age, and I admit I would have absolutely loved to be able to finally find my brown Beddie to finish off my dog keeping years.

So what did I do? We went to look at them and . . . . . love at first sight. She seemed the complete opposite of Megan in every way. Completely quiet, calm, very placid, not 'in your face' and very, very gentle, whereas Megan was so hyper, noisy, and non-stop.

Well, I took a chance and have brought her home.
Within minutes, my Izzy was sniffing and licking her, Nellie came bounding across and tried to make her play, and the other two watched nearby. I couldn't believe the brilliant reaction, so different to how they were with Megan.

I am taking her for a check up tomorrow, just to make sure she is alright, because she is the quietest puppy I have ever known. She even sleeps all through the night!!!
She is a little angel and I adore her already.

So there you go. I'd like you to meet 'Gertie', she is 9 weeks old.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 06:24 PM

Re: Gertie

I'm so pleased for you Mups, Gertie looks a lovely girl.

The fact that your others dogs have shown interest in her straight away must put your mind at rest and I have a feeling little Gertie is going to slot in with your gang just perfectly.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Glad you got Gertie . I'm sure she will fit in just fine . I love brown Bedlingtons .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Hi

Adorable puppy.

Now please stop posting, I am getting withdrawal symptoms about being dogless and I can't have one until Christmas.

I was going to be getting a beagle, but looking more and more like a Bedlington now.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 07:00 PM

well done Mups
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 07:07 PM

Fantastic Mups, absolutely elated for you..

Hello Gertie.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 07:32 PM

So that's what Megan was trying to tell you Mups ... but did you listen to her?

She knew Gertie was coming for you, but you just didn't listen did ya....I don't know...just cos she was a cocker poo you had no idea what the hec she was saying

Gertie looks absolutely gorgeous!

(But I'm not sure I will ever speak to you again, you know I can't afford to have a dog ... )
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 07:52 PM

Awww! She's a sweetheart.
Congratulations on your new family member.
Now we just need more pictures please!
Enjoy your little girl!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 08:13 PM

Gertie is beautiful Mups. I hope everything continues to go really well for you, your other dogs and Gertie.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:42 PM

You've done the right thing Mups.
Not easy ... but you have to consider the happiness of all your furry critters and do what is best for all of you.

She looks a real cutie. I love her. Hope to see more photos of her as she grows.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top