Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Re: Should Animals be Used for Research ?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Are you a Vegetarian then?

Do you eat meat?

My pigs are not tortured in any way, they have a good life.
Have you got piggies ?? I love them and as Muddy says, they are treated abominably but I'm sure you treat yours with fatherly love. but I bet you don't slaughter them . The pain is stabbing me in my heart.

The Walmart suppliers in USA are one of the worst. Their pigs are often thrown in vats before they are dead, to soften the skin. That's just one of their vile practices.

No Swim , I am not vegetarian, but don't eat piggy, very little beef, not duck, goose, lamb or anything other than some chicken (which really bothers me) hens eggs and fish.

Feeling really guilty now.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 07:47 PM

Yes, always.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:14 PM

Slaughter is slaughter-face it. But just up the road from where my aged mother lives is a butcher who kept their abbatoir(how the heck does one spell it?)

It`s a short walk. No crowding into lorries
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:48 PM

Our nearest abattoir closed in the 1970's. The cattle used to come in from Ireland . If you go down to the waterfront on a still and quiet night, you can still here the cows mooing and calling across the night air.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Our nearest abattoir closed in the 1970's. The cattle used to come in from Ireland . If you go down to the waterfront on a still and quiet night, you can still here the cows mooing and calling across the night air.
Ghosts?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:54 AM

Bull !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:58 AM

Have you got piggies ?? I love them and as Muddy says, they are treated abominably but I'm sure you treat yours with fatherly love. but I bet you don't slaughter them . The pain is stabbing me in my heart.

The Walmart suppliers in USA are one of the worst. Their pigs are often thrown in vats before they are dead, to soften the skin. That's just one of their vile practices.

No Swim , I am not vegetarian, but don't eat piggy, very little beef, not duck, goose, lamb or anything other than some chicken (which really bothers me) hens eggs and fish.

Feeling really guilty now.

I believe this used to be so as the bristly hairs on the skin scrape off quicker and easier. I have no idea whether it still goes on.

Swimmy, I too like pigs and have had 4 in the past.
How did you manage with your ducks and pigs when you worked away, had you a friendly neighbour?
I've never had any help with any of my animals, so you were lucky to find someone you could trust.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2017, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Bull !
Don't sit on the fence, will yer.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

06-01-2017, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Bull !
You forgot the follow on word ...sh..

However, you must be very gullible to even think of making a comment..
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 06:00 AM

No, no, no, dear Ducky. THIS is 'gullible'.
Our nearest abattoir closed in the 1970's. The cattle used to come in from Ireland .
If you go down to the waterfront on a still and quiet night, you can still here the cows mooing and calling across the night air.
Nicely worded though, I must say. Almost poetic.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top