Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Re: Cheap Microsoft office?

Mine is in use every day (Outlook, Access and Excel mainly) with no issues.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have never used, and intend never to use, Fleabay.
You have no idea what you are missing out on.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You have no idea what you are missing out on.
He's certainly missing out on the Russian scams, which I was caught up in recently, whereby Ruskies hack into your account and change your shipping and other account details before ordering up stuff in your name.

I was rescued by EBay but mainly use Amazon nowadays.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Ebay can be good. I bought a used Samsung surround sound system and it's proved to be reliable and good. Mrs Mart buys craft supplies from sellers on there. Good value for money she says.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Looked more closely at one of the Pro Plus victims.

He has two sign in accounts (as recommended by many) and had installed Pro Plus in both of them.

Trouble is, he had only activated the Office account in one of them.

Following a recent update, his log in screen appeared slightly different and he just logged in without checking that he was still checking into the activated one!

In the un-activated one he gets two weeks to activate that copy of Office and then it's gone.

Bingo!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
He's certainly missing out on the Russian scams, which I was caught up in recently, whereby Ruskies hack into your account and change your shipping and other account details before ordering up stuff in your name.

I was rescued by EBay but mainly use Amazon nowadays.

Yeah, yeah... If this sort of thing happens to you it is generally your own fault. Usually because of your carelessness, poor passwords and/or poor security.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top