Join for free
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Re: Holly

This is what has been given by the vet last night. I need to give it a try, Julie, but I take on board your suggestion. I had to mix her worming paste in a spoonful of yogurt, because this time she resisted the syringe in her mouth. She even refused it from my fingers, but I then hit on the yogurt idea.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	4674  
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 01:43 PM

And the details on the back.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	4675  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:08 PM

The prokaolin is pretty good we always keep a tube just in case, with a lab that eats anything it's a useful medicine cabinet addition.

Betty had to have the wet version of that food when she was off her food after her teeth ops, it is easy to make liquid so we could syringe some into her.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-12-2017, 11:24 PM

She wouldn't eat all day but I managed to get some wet puppy food down her this evening, and have left down some fresh kibble.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The prokaolin is pretty good we always keep a tube just in case, with a lab that eats anything it's a useful medicine cabinet addition.

Betty had to have the wet version of that food when she was off her food after her teeth ops, it is easy to make liquid so we could syringe some into her.
Googled it, and see I can buy it online. I'll try that if it works with her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 01:59 AM

If you don't mind me saying, if she were mine, I would insist on having that poo analysed before now, then you might find out what you were dealing with. Treatment without knowing what's wrong, is only experimental.

I can't understand your breeder Jazzi. If she were one of mine I had bred, I would have been very concerned, and probably have taken her back with a full refund.

It's a pity you don't know where the rest of the litter went. It would be handy to know if they are all poorly, or just Holly.

Did your vet still do the vaccine today?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:22 AM

Is she drinking water Jazzi?

I always have to stick the pro-kolin on my finger and stick my finger in the mouth to be licked off. Otherwise there is no way it will be accepted. It's terrible stuff to wash off though, but really helps get everything back to normal with diarrhoea.

Is she in good spirits despite this?

Btw my baby categorically refused to eat that VD food, it must smell unappetising or something. He's such a fussy eater anyway but as a puppy it was a real struggle.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-12-2017, 09:18 AM

Mups, I haven't spoken to the breeder much about her diarrhoea, only my initial enquiry after a few days. Yes I'd love to know about the rest of the litter.

No, we are rescheduled for next Tuesday for the vax.

She is drinking water well, and this morning had some wet dry food, some prescription kibble and the probiotic mixed in, and she polished off the lot.

Right now am boiling some chicken for later. Maybe for training purposes, near a feed time.

She is in good spirits otherwise.

Just a tiny amount of poo this morning, but she did go late last night.

Thank you for your advice and concern.g. We went to bed about 11.20 and she got me up at 7. So she is getting so good at sleeping through the night.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-12-2017, 02:04 PM

She enjoyed her meal at 11. I did a small amount of kibble, some wet food and some freshly boiled chicken, with some of the chicken water, and again she polished it off.

She is in wonderful spirits (too much, at times) and is drinking water.

I phoned her vet to ask if they accept poo samples at the weekend but was told 'no'. I guessed that. Be assured if this is persisting by Monday I will be down there with my little pot.

I phoned the KC claims helpline, to ask if I was covered by this to make a claim. They would have to check with the breeder that it was not a pre existing condition, and he'd told me no. But unfortunately I have to pay the first £110 plus 20%.

When I can find my other free insurance (from Petlog), I will call them to ask what their excess is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Be very careful we got caught with two insurances when we got Duncan as one came free from the rescue and then they both denied the claim saying claim off the other. Only ask both if you are prepared to have neither cover you jazzi.

Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top