Join for free
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Re: Holly

The petid doesn't cover the first 14 days of the insurance, so I am wondering why the KC said I was able to claim. So I am stuck with KC atm anyway.

When I saw the vet Friday and she gave her a check over, she did say that with any new policy I take out (I must get on with that), they will not cover the gastro problem for a year, as it is a pre existing condition. I'm hoping she can be sorted out before the free insurance runs out.

Because she is happy otherwise, and eating well, I can't understand why this diarrhoea is persisting.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:46 PM

Jazzi, l think it might have been easier if you had just got pregnant and had a baby instead! At least, you would’ve got the Family Allowance!!

You are doing your best but you must be feeling shattered at the moment with, being ill yourself, broken night’s sleep and worry with Holly.
Just remember the famous song.... Things Can Only Get Better!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Or it could be the song

'Look on the Bright Side of Life'.

Jazzi i'm sure things will get better soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 03:14 PM

Thanks Art and Susie.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:43 PM

Jazzi, Holly looks great with her squeaky toy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
She wouldn't eat all day but I managed to get some wet puppy food down her this evening, and have left down some fresh kibble.
I would drop that kibble and feed only bland food as suggested before ( boiled rice and boiled chicken )
Although dogs eat kibble it's not natural for dogs .
A dog is basically a carnivore and its digestive system is geared to that end .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I would drop that kibble and feed only bland food as suggested before ( boiled rice and boiled chicken )
Although dogs eat kibble it's not natural for dogs .
A dog is basically a carnivore and its digestive system is geared to that end .
All differing opinions and many ways to feed a dog Muddy and all sorts of different foods - it's a maze. The kibble Holly is now on is the prescription Hills which the vet recommended and gave her. I know - it's not ideal!!! but as she has had a few changes lately I think I would leave her on it for a while. I don't know if Jazzi intends to keep Holly on kibble, or eventually move away from the dried "complete" but these foods are supposed to be "balanced" foods and it is important for a puppy to not change foods too often. Anymore changes at the moment could prolong the loose stools, I think. I think Jazzi said she is adding bits of boiled chicken into the kibble at the moment and so far Holly seems to be tolerating it and eating well. Even if she is a bit loose she needs to get into a pattern of regular eating. That would be my main goal at the moment.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-12-2017, 08:12 PM

Yes, all differing opinions and thoughts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 08:31 PM

You just have to find what works for your dog because every dog is different. Fancy organic, special foods have not worked for mine (they have made things worse. The KD stuff may work but mine won't touch it. Plain rice and chicken with pro-kolin always got him back to solid poo. They are never that sick if they are eating and drinking water. IMO the most important thing if you have a dog with a sensitive stomach is to never feed them regular human food or treats. It's amazing how many people give their dog a bit of whatever they eat.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-12-2017, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You just have to find what works for your dog because every dog is different. Fancy organic, special foods have not worked for mine (they have made things worse. The KD stuff may work but mine won't touch it. Plain rice and chicken with pro-kolin always got him back to solid poo. They are never that sick if they are eating and drinking water. IMO the most important thing if you have a dog with a sensitive stomach is to never feed them regular human food or treats. It's amazing how many people give their dog a bit of whatever they eat.
I know not to feed her human food.

Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top