Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Re: Labrador Nose Bleeds

Sorry to hear about Zack, Plantman

I do hope something can be done to sort the problem for him.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 11:11 PM

Hope Zack is soon better it must be very worrying for you..
Big hugs Zack ...
Sue
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 09:05 AM

Zack is in for his x-rays and tests today, please wish him luck and I'll try to update later if we get to know anything.

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Good luck to Zack and fingers crossed it proves nothing too serious.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Hi everyone, just got Zack home after a long day. Nothing untoward showed up on the x-rays, but the endoscope found a growth right at the top of his nose which they took samples of to send away for analysis. The vet said it looked quite pussy and inflamed but could'nt tell what it was. Apparently it was in a really awkward spot (isn't that just the way) and she was struggling to get at it properly to take the biopsy, so whatever it is will be very difficult to remove apparently. She cleaned his teeth whilst he was under the anaesthetic and removed one of his molars which was loose.

So there we have it for the time being, no firm information but some things, such as foreign bodies, ruled out. We were sent away with more antibiotics and anti inflammatories to keep him on an even keel and we should get the test results in ten days or so. When we get the results I'll let you know, but in the meantime many thanks for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

Kind Regards,

Barry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 08:34 PM

These things never seem to have a straightforward answer do they ? Although its frustrating to have to wait 10 days for a definitive answer to Zack's problem, hopefully it will not be as bad as you fear. If there was nothing untoward shown on the X-ray that's something positive. Fingers crossed for the biopsy results. Best wishes to you and Zack. Rena
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 10:25 PM

How is he this evening Barry? Ten days does seem an age doesn't it? Maybe they will get the results back sooner then you can start the appropriate treatment. Fingers and paws crossed it is something quite harmless. At least he can smile at you with his nice clean gnashers, bless him
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

19-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Now mid afternoon on Saturday and Zack seems to be back on the planet after his anaesthetics yesterday. We were quite worried about him this morning as he still seemed to have wobbly undercarriage, but after some food, some spoiling and a short walk in the woods he seems to be coming round. Having said that he is now asleep in front of the fire, but that is as normal as it gets around here really.

More news when we have some,

Barry
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Glad to hear Zack is more settled now Plantman....thoughts with you both..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

26-02-2011, 12:10 PM

The vet rang this morning with bad news on Zack's test results, looks like he's got an inoperable tumour, probably cancerous but the histology was unspecific, and we have to see her on Monday to discuss options for his treatment. I think we have decided to go for palliative care only, as aggressive treatment on this type of tumour only extends life by a year at most apparently, and most of that time would be taken up by a miserable form of treatment. I wouldn't want that for me, so I certainly wouldn't inflict it on my best friend.

Anyway, lots to think about before Monday, but I'll let you know more when we've got all of the treatment options. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and good wishes.

Barry

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top