Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 01:23 PM

Re: My Mups

Aww poor sweet Mups, I hope she will be OK.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Oh dear poor Muppsy, hope she gets better soon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Poor Mups, l hope her paw gets better soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about Mups and hope she gets better really quickly. Our fur babies are our family and when our babies hurt we do too, I can just imagine how upset you feel for Mups (hugs)

By the way, she is beautiful, I wanted to get in the picture and give her a cuddle.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Thank you for all your good wishes for my Mups, you're all very kind.

Sadly the news isn't good tonight.
My vet phoned this afternoon with the blood results, and now it seems there is not just one problem, but possibly several, and all potentially serious.
He was so very kind and did his best to explain in a way I would understand, but it was so complicated. I will explain as best I can, but I need to do some more research myself next.

Her blood count was ok, so she is not anaemic - but her bone marrow is producing and 'sending out' young, immature red blood cells for some reason. He doesn't understand why yet.
It could be that she is (or has been) bleeding internally. Her body seems to be thinking she needs more oxygen.

Her thyroid is 'low' and so is her TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), and to top it all, there is a potential problem with her liver.

Don't ask me to explain all this in detail, I am still trying to get my head round it myself. I do not know what's going on inside her or why.
all I know is I am now worried sick about her and feeling very emotional at the mo.

He wants her in to x-ray her chest, and scan her abdomen and also do what he called a 'Dynamic Bile Acid Test.' This is where she has to fast from 8pm the night before, then he will take another blood test. She is then fed, and exactly 2 hours after she has eaten she will have to have more blood taken to compare the before/after result.

As soon as he said he wants to look at her chest and abdoman, I felt panic and asked if he was looking for a 'mass.' He said Yes.

To add to our troubles, he is off work tomorrow and next week, and I don't want anyone else to treat her. I asked if he thought it would be safe to wait for him to come back or does she need her x-rays quickly?

In the end we have come to an arrangement. He said he thinks her problem is a fairly slow, progressive one, so it should be safe to wait a week before beginning the scans - BUT, he was also going to write explicit details on her records of exactly what he wants doing, and if she did start to get worse next week, I am to take her in straightaway and one of the other vets will see exactly what's needed.

I said when I fast her, then they feed her, I don't believe she will eat for them, I need to be there with some of her favourite snacks and I think she will eat for me. If they can't get her to eat, they won't be able to do the second half of the bile test you see.
So he said he wants me to stay with her for the first blood test, then I'm to feed her, and wait with her while they take the next lot of blood. I will probably have to leave when they x-ray though, but I wouldn't mind seeing the scan if they will let me.

Sorry to have waffled on so tonight, but it is complicated and I am unbelievable choked, but I mustn't let her see it though.
So I shall be watching her like a hawk for the next week and take each day as it comes. The worst thing about waiting for John (vet) to come back is now I have got the next 8 or 9 days to have my imagination running riot.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Oh dear Mups, I'm so sorry the news isn't so good for your lovely furry friend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things won't be as bad as the vet says. It must be so very worrying for you.... *hugs* to you and your namesake. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:11 PM

Thank you Mags. I know she's getting on a bit now, but I never expected this.
All this because I wanted her checked out for keep eating compost!

I wish you knew her, she is such a funny, complex little 'person,' but we understand each other, and know each other inside out.

Her paw is drying nicely now, thank goodness.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:27 PM

Mups sweetheart
I'm so sorry that the real Mups and you are going through such worrying times
Fingers crossed that it's all able to be sorted/treated x

Big hugs
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-05-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Mups sweetheart
I'm so sorry that the real Mups and you are going through such worrying times
Fingers crossed that it's all able to be sorted/treated x

Big hugs

Thank you Rhian, not ashamed to say we need those hugs tonight. x x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 12:00 AM

Awww poor Mups. That’s so sad.
I haven’t heard of ‘pica’ either but I hope Mups is ok.
She’s such an adorable dog
It can be frightening seeing blood from our fur babies
Hope she is ok

Edit: Just read the latest news. Awww. My heart goes to you. The ‘not knowing’ can be really tough.
Hang in there Mups. Getting all choked up here.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top