Join for free
Page 44 of 47 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:41 PM

Re: Prince Harry

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Big difference.

Edward VIII did it quietly and without seeking lots of publicity... and money.
He harassed his brother the replacement king for money for quite a long time .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:42 PM

I'd like to think that, being an educated and wise woman, she knows better than to worry about someone who has decided to rescind his duties and associated benefits of royalty.

I hope she can just enjoy her last years of life in the full knowledge that she has done everything that she promised to do and has nothing to reproach herself for.
Shes 95 what does she care she has other grandchildren and plenty of great grandchildren . One less the better .
What she may reproach herself for is not retiring earlier and allowing Charles to have a go at being king .
I suspect had the marriage with Diana worked out she may have done so .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Did he now?
I hope he told him where to get off.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Shes 95 what does she care she has other grandchildren and plenty of great grandchildren . One less the better .
What she may reproach herself for is not retiring earlier and allowing Charles to have a go at being king .
I suspect had the marriage with Diana worked out she may have done so .
True, but on the other hand she promised, when she became Queen to perform her duties for as long as she lived.

Some of us believe in keeping our word!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:52 PM

I believe Edward V111 received £7000 per year after abdication from the crown throughout his life . Wonder how much that is in today's money
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 03:19 PM

The Queen has been remarkably stoic throughout her reign, it is Charles who should decide how to deal with Harry.

They will need to be his rock if the worst happens.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 03:19 PM

"Your queen"?

Isn't she your queen too? She's Queen of Yorkshire as well, despite not having any important properties in God's County!
No - only by adoption - you forget - I am not British. I do think she is a remarkable woman though!

I wish the line of succession allowed for Princess Anne to be the next monarch but suppose Charles to be a better bet than randy Andy or Edward the wimp.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-07-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No - only by adoption - you forget - I am not British. I do think she is a remarkable woman though!

I wish the line of succession allowed for Princess Anne to be the next monarch but suppose Charles to be a better bet than randy Andy or Edward the wimp.
I haven't forgotten anything. I never knew!
Are you one of them there foreigners, then? Where from?

Personally, I think Anne should be the next monarch. She has been exemplary in every respect, which I'm afraid Charlie-boy hasn't.
And I used to fancy her when she was young!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 05:10 PM

I haven't forgotten anything. I never knew!
Are you one of them there foreigners, then? Where from?

Personally, I think Anne should be the next monarch. She has been exemplary in every respect, which I'm afraid Charlie-boy hasn't.
And I used to fancy her when she was young!
Irish by birth - Yorkshire by adoption! The very best of both possible worlds!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

21-07-2021, 05:11 PM

I agree!
She wouldn't stand for any nonsense from any of them!

Page 44 of 47 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top