Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 11:54 PM

Re: Hatti girl is not well...update

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Unfortunately I know nothing at all about dogs, so I can find no other words of comfort except to say that I hope she can be treated.

I can diagnose cat illnesses and know how to treat or what the outcome may be, but I've never owned a dog. All I do know is that a pet is as much loved a part of the family as any other member.

Sorry, but I don't even know what breed your dog is.
Mollie, she is a yellow Labrador. Brought her home from Labrador Rescue when she was about 14 months old and was badly treated She was a nightmare at first, but turned into a little star I know more about dogs really than cats, and having worked at the Vets for 8 years, I have picked up a lot of knowledge about illness, and you know what they say about that...little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:16 AM

Merz I am sorry to hear Hatti is no better what a worry for you.
I wonder if Hatti might have Urolithiasis a condition Mini Schnauzers are susceptible too..
http://www.executec.com/urolith.htm

I hope the cystoscopy shows something so you know what you are dealing with, I always think the worse thing is having a problem and not being able to find the cause.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Merz I am sorry to hear Hatti is no better what a worry for you.
I wonder if Hatti might have Urolithiasis a condition Mini Schnauzers are susceptible too..
http://www.executec.com/urolith.htm

I hope the cystoscopy shows something so you know what you are dealing with, I always think the worse thing is having a problem and not being able to find the cause.
Thank you Meg. I've just looked at the link you very kindly posted, but she has had her bladder x-rayed and scanned and no stones showed up. Also had sterile urine taken from her bladder and no crystals showed up, but thanks again. At least with the cystoscopy they will be able to see all round and in her bladder, and be able to take biopsies if they find anything.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Mollie, she is a yellow Labrador. Brought her home from Labrador Rescue when she was about 14 months old and was badly treated She was a nightmare at first, but turned into a little star I know more about dogs really than cats, and having worked at the Vets for 8 years, I have picked up a lot of knowledge about illness, and you know what they say about that...little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Yes lass, a little knowledge can be dangerous. I've always had a fear of dogs, but Labradors I've always loved and more recently Border Collies since my brother got one a couple of years ago.

I hate ill-treatment of any animal, so it is good to know that she found a lovely mum like you to take care of her, and love her. Please give her a hug from me as well.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

10-11-2011, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Yes lass, a little knowledge can be dangerous. I've always had a fear of dogs, but Labradors I've always loved and more recently Border Collies since my brother got one a couple of years ago.

I hate ill-treatment of any animal, so it is good to know that she found a lovely mum like you to take care of her, and love her. Please give her a hug from me as well.
You wouldn't be afraid of my Hatti, Mollie, she is a very gentle girl and just loves everyone....Hug given-she's now getting spoiled
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Sorry to hear about Hatti, its such a worry when they're ill. Giver her a hug from me too and let us know what happens in Liverpool.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 04:08 PM

When you hear the results Merz you will know which way to go, dont be fobed off by any-one you will do what is right by her, talk to her , she will tell you.Why do we have pets.... because they love us and we them, God Bless her.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 05:06 PM

Oh dear, thinking of you; it's heartbreaking when they're ill and in pain. Praying for treatable results.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 05:14 PM

I was really hoping she would be better by now Merz, how hard it must be for you both. Best wishes and huge (((HUGS))) from Oscar, Alfie and myself....
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 08:48 PM

I do hope Hatti and you have some good news, I know exactly how you feel when your beloved dog (or any pet ) is unwell, we have had the same with our cat.

My thoughts are with you Merz.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top