Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

12-08-2009, 09:06 PM

Re: What do you watch on the box?

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Another thing I quite enjoy is Who Do You Think You Are. Unfortunately that is a good title for this series as there are some subjects who I really don't know, including tonight's.
I feel the current series is not quite as interesting as some others as they seem to be concentrating on just one or two ancestors rather than tracing the whole story.
I like this programme too, DM. I'm just watching the David Mitchell one on BBC iPlayer
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:07 AM

mmm, the hair plus I think she's had a little bit of 'work' done. No problems with that - her face is her fortune after all and I think she has always had a very pretty smile.
we were talking about Amanda Redman/Sandra in New Tricks. Here's a slightly catty little aticle about her
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 03:53 PM

I like New Tricks too, I do watch soaps but don't miss them when I am away and can't, they are pretty rubbish at the moment, I find myself watching things that I would never have watched years ago such is the quality of the programmes at the moment.

I also like Have I got news for you and QI, Stephen Fry is a very witty man. Big Brother should be renamed Big Yawn. I watched Who do you think you are last night, it was quite moving to see Kim Catrell's mother and sisters when they saw the photos of their dad who had abandoned them.

You are not alone Vicki, I also have trouble staying awake watching films!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 04:20 PM

we were talking about Amanda Redman/Sandra in New Tricks. Here's a slightly catty little aticle about her
That's an eye opener of an article all round, DM, and not just about Ms Redman! My big question is - would you bother for just 2 years???
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 11:49 PM

If I can keep awake love the Poker shows.

The only thing I watch 100% is NCIS, for an American crime show it is brillant
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 01:41 PM

New Tricks
I am so embarrassed at having called this series 'tacky' earlier in this thread. It was the wrong word and I was rightly pulled up on it. At the time I substituted 'lightweight' (I think)
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
I think this series has been excellent (last episode next week). I wonder if there are new writers - it is much tighter than the last couple of series. Last night's was fabulous. David Troughton is a villain par excellence (What a talented family - Granddad was the first Doctor Who, David has been excellent in e.g. A Very Peculiar Practice {remember that?} and young Jim has played cricket for England and I think has got a century for his county today). What a menacing figure he cut last night and how brave were Gerry and Brian to face both his and Sandra's wrath.
Did you see it? Did you enjoy it?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 02:58 PM

All the documentary channels, I don't watch serials or films coz I cant stand the interruptions from the commercials.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top