Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:34 AM

Re: Speculating on Crypto currency.

I cant see how an alternative currency can work with out official governement support.
There are big institutions driving the price up and the snot nose early adopters are besides them selves in excitement if not hysteria. ( No sour grapes here squire)

Can you imagine when it was launched and only a penny or two per coin.

I think Id be Samba-ing up and down Oxford street with my blow up doll and platform shoes.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I cant see how an alternative currency can work with out official governement support.
There are big institutions driving the price up and the snot nose early adopters are besides them selves in excitement if not hysteria. ( No sour grapes here squire)

I think Id be Samba-ing up and down Oxford street with my blow up doll and platform shoes.
Well, whatever 'floats your boat', as the saying goes – everyone to their own!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
According to https://www.cnet.com/pictures/things...with-bitcoins/

you can buy ...

Lap dances in Las Vegas

Brazilian butt lift surgery

Guns from Central Texas Gun Works

Etc
Interesting that you mentioned this. The tech-savvy husband of a hairdresser in my salon purchased a bunch of miners years ago and rewrote the software to help find coins faster.

He has been flying frequently to many places for business meetings, including Vegas, Cabo, Germany - you name it. After his wife started wondering why she and their young daughter were never invited, she found he was renting a house in Vegas, bought a limited edition Corvette, was taking photos of him and his buddies at orgies funded by fellow miners, and drinking and to blackout conditions.

He lost a lot more than he has made.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:40 PM

I looked into it but couldn’t work out how you ‘mined’ it.
All I got was a load of harassing cold callers for months after !
My son was paid for some work he did by bit coin.its wasn’t much about half a bit coin . He forgot all about it until I mentioned it to him and now it’s worth about £12k
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Agree. In effect, it’s an artificial market.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:22 PM

Yes they'd better get shot of em pretty quick then, before the big crash
comes xirrpy !!
There's a time to reap and a time to sow!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Agree. In effect, it’s an artificial market.
Do you remember the milk culture scam in SA a few years back
Minx ??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

07-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I looked into it but couldn’t work out how you ‘mined’ it.
All I got was a load of harassing cold callers for months after !
My son was paid for some work he did by bit coin.its wasn’t much about half a bit coin . He forgot all about it until I mentioned it to him and now it’s worth about £12k
Tell him to SELL Muddy !!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 12:16 PM

£30k !
It doesn't make sense.
Maybe I have a similar expression of doubt as whenpeeps were urged to accept paper money to replace ..tally sticks or silver/gold.

I have to believe its just confidence and self reinforcing hype, unless there is official/state guarantee/ backing.

Im guessing with respected institutions piling in, apart from the fact that they are gambling with investors money, they are counting on getting too big to fail. Holding enough investors to ransom that the state is forced to adopt a position.
Is that possible?

Proponents think it will hit 7 figures eventually.

They crow that its a just transfer of wealth from Boomers that have had it too good at the expense of generation.. z

This fekkin world is getting crazier by the week
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

08-01-2021, 12:42 PM

£30k !
It doesn't make sense.
Maybe I have a similar expression of doubt as whenpeeps were urged to accept paper money to replace ..tally sticks or silver/gold.

I have to believe its just confidence and self reinforcing hype, unless there is official/state guarantee/ backing.

Im guessing with respected institutions piling in, apart from the fact that they are gambling with investors money, they are counting on getting too big to fail. Holding enough investors to ransom that the state is forced to adopt a position.
Is that possible?

Proponents think it will hit 7 figures eventually.

They crow that its a just transfer of wealth from Boomers that have had it too good at the expense of generation.. z

This fekkin world is getting crazier by the week
It's definitely transfer of wealth of some kind xirrpy !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top