Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 07:44 AM

Re: Make yourself £1000 if you find this rabbit

I fear for that rabbit or any pet that has been taken people who will steal a child’s pet aren’t going to be brimming with kindness.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I fear for that rabbit or any pet that has been taken people who will steal a child’s pet aren’t going to be brimming with kindness.
To be fair rabbit is rather delicious. When chicken was something you only had at Christmas we had rabbit every Sunday interspersed with pidgeon pie.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well done Tiffs !
Thanks, Muddy. I was worried the dog would get run over, so I managed to catch it, luckily it had a collar on. My friend has Red Setters, it wasn't hers but she knew who's it was. It had run a fair way too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The dog was lovely, a very scared Red Setter, running down our road, I managed to catch her & found the owner through a friend. The dog had got scared at a noise & bolted out the owners front door, when the owner was talking to a neighbour.

Well done for catching the dog Tiff. I haven't seen a Red Setter for years.

May I tell you a little story here please?
The noise thing you said about that caused the Setter to bolt is familiar to me as well.

My friend was walking my Gertie a couple of weeks back, and accidentally dropped the extending lead. The clatter on the pavement right behind her made Gert take off.
As the lead was still attached to her, Gertie must have thought 'the nasty monster' was still chasing her as it clattered along behind her legs.
She ran across a road in panic, still being chased, and ran all the way home. Thank God she came home.

One back leg was held up, and after a trip to the vet and an x-ray, we found she's fractured her back leg in two places!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

The noise thing you said about that caused the Setter to bolt is familiar to me as well.

My friend was walking my Gertie a couple of weeks back, and accidentally dropped the extending lead. The clatter on the pavement right behind her made Gert take off.
As the lead was still attached to her, Gertie must have thought 'the nasty monster' was still chasing her as it clattered along behind her legs.
She ran across a road in panic, still being chased, and ran all the way home. Thank God she came home.

One back leg was held up, and after a trip to the vet and an x-ray, we found she's fractured her back leg in two places!
Ohhh, poor Gertie!! I hope she gets better soon.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 01:09 PM

Oh no poor Gertie !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Gosh! That is an awful thing to happen. Very fortunate she did go home.

Can tell a funny story.
A friend of mine adopted a rescue dog, a Border Collie, He had had the dog for two weeks & walked it every day in the local park near his house, he thought the dog would come back to him now as it did any other time in the garden, so he let it off the lead. The dog took off taking no notice of my friend, calling it back, friend wished he'd not let it off the lead, he called & called, no sign of the dog, so after a while of searching he decided to go home. On reaching home there was the dog waiting on the door step for him, tail wagging like mad.

I had to laugh when he told me, he was not amused.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ohhh, poor Gertie!! I hope she gets better soon.

Thanks Muddy and Pixie. x

This is the culprit, the little one on the right with the chocolate button for a nose.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 02:11 PM

Lovely pic, Mups .... hope she's not taking too much advantage of you.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 03:34 PM

Aww they both look adorable!! What breed are they Mups? They look a bit like Doodles?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top