Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 08:27 PM

Re: No pets

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
So why didn't HE take the dog out for walks when his partner was out? Just because he doesn't agree with pets, doesn't mean that he can abandon looking after the one he had!
Looks the type who does not like anything messy, like cleaning up after one.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 09:53 PM

I wouldn't give up my pets, if that makes me bad then so be it. My dog and bird are my family, one has been with us for over 20 years the other almost 14, it would feel like I was giving up on my children. Might sound daft to some but there you have it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Beware of anyone that children and dogs do not like or trust.
Hmmmmm
Children and dogs liked Hitler.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:02 PM

This guy sounds like a real AH. I wouldn’t give up my pets for anything. They mean the world to me and I don’t care in the least if that bothers anyone. Too bad. What a jerk.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wouldn't give up my pets, if that makes me bad then so be it. My dog and bird are my family, one has been with us for over 20 years the other almost 14, it would feel like I was giving up on my children. Might sound daft to some but there you have it.
It sounds perfectly normal to me Lion Queen. I have instant added respect for everyone in this thread. I love people who really love their pets. Pets can be the best part of family
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
It sounds perfectly normal to me Lion Queen. I have instant added respect for everyone in this thread. I love people who really love their pets. Pets can be the best part of family

Indeed, Bratti.
And is some cases - the only family.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:20 PM

I actually agreed with some of what he said . I don’t think dogs should spend hours locked up in houses while their owners work .
And so many dogs are left like this either crying and driving the neighbours mad or sleeping their lonely lives away .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 04:19 AM

I didn't replace my dog when it died over a decade ago because I was getting older and wanted to travel. Putting my dog in kennels when I travelled with my family generally cost more than the family! Before anyone says that I should have taken the animal with me - you cannot take animals into National Parks they have enough trouble with feral animals without adding more.

Once you are in your 60s I think taking on a young animal as a pet is cruel as they might well outlive you.

Since then I am increasingly more certain that cats have no place in Australia because of the damage they do to the wild life. Feral and domestic cats are estimated to kill two billion native animals a year and a million birds each day. As a specie feral cats are very hard to trap, bait or shoot.

https://environment.gov.au/biodivers...lia/feral-cats
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Looks the type who does not like anything messy, like cleaning up after one.
I cannot think why people are so squeamish about that - it is no worse than changing a baby's nappy. Maybe they wouldn't do that either!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2021, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I didn't replace my dog when it died over a decade ago because I was getting older and wanted to travel. Putting my dog in kennels when I travelled with my family generally cost more than the family! Before anyone says that I should have taken the animal with me - you cannot take animals into National Parks they have enough trouble with feral animals without adding more.

Once you are in your 60s I think taking on a young animal as a pet is cruel as they might well outlive you.

Since then I am increasingly more certain that cats have no place in Australia because of the damage they do to the wild life. Feral and domestic cats are estimated to kill two billion native animals a year and a million birds each day. As a specie feral cats are very hard to trap, bait or shoot.

https://environment.gov.au/biodivers...lia/feral-cats
I think that you made the right decision Bruce .
I did have some hesitations on talking a dog on again at my age although I am fit and healthy but my son takes care of him when we go away and he loves going to their family . My son will take him if he outlives us.Also he came from a brilliant collie rescue who will always take back a dog in the case of anything unforetold happening no dog coming from there will ever be homeless again .
A dog adds a different dimension to ones life and this our last dog is very dear to us.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top