Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:15 AM

Re: No pets

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Once you are in your 60s I think taking on a young animal as a pet is cruel as they might well outlive you.
Ditto.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 11:20 AM

Re: No pets

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I didn't replace my dog when it died over a decade ago because I was getting older and wanted to travel. Putting my dog in kennels when I travelled with my family generally cost more than the family! Before anyone says that I should have taken the animal with me - you cannot take animals into National Parks they have enough trouble with feral animals without adding more.

Once you are in your 60s I think taking on a young animal as a pet is cruel as they might well outlive you.

Since then I am increasingly more certain that cats have no place in Australia because of the damage they do to the wild life. Feral and domestic cats are estimated to kill two billion native animals a year and a million birds each day. As a specie feral cats are very hard to trap, bait or shoot.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top