Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:12 PM

Cockatoo iInvasion in Australia

Why is it that when it comes to you Aussies' animals you feel the need to everything in extreme?

Ok, ok so your cockatoos are more numerous than our cockatoos.

No need to make such a point of it

(Might want to mute it. )

bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

30-04-2021, 11:29 PM

Re: Cockatoo iInvasion in Australia

Amazin been here a few decades now and seen a few cockie sites for sure but never like that one must be climate change I reckon. Have you ever seen black cockies now they are a site to behold all jet black with a few red feathers in their head plumage if I recall. Very rare now I believe. I have a flock of white cockies in season fly over and head for the mango farm across the road they hang around all day eatin the mangos and gettin drunk and then fly back home in the evenin - I can set me chronochrome by them! I reckon them there are pigeons sprayed white?

mind you would take dispute with ya title - they're not invadin OZ - always been here. In the very olden days in the countryside is was very common to shoot the cockies and have them roasted on the camp fire for dinner - true fair dinkum
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Amazin been here a few decades now and seen a few cockie sites for sure but never like that one must be climate change I reckon. Have you ever seen black cockies now they are a site to behold all jet black with a few red feathers in their head plumage if I recall. Very rare now I believe. I have a flock of white cockies in season fly over and head for the mango farm across the road they hang around all day eatin the mangos and gettin drunk and then fly back home in the evenin - I can set me chronochrome by them! I reckon them there are pigeons sprayed white?

mind you would take dispute with ya title - they're not invadin OZ - always been here. In the very olden days in the countryside is was very common to shoot the cockies and have them roasted on the camp fire for dinner - true fair dinkum
Thinking more about the neighborhood than the country...I realized that could have been misinterpreted after I hit the post button.

Most especially, I am sure the cockatoos wouldn't appreciate such an insult, and I apologize to them most profusely.

Quite the partiers they are!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 12:22 AM

When I lived in Western Australia, I used to have a pink and grey galah (species of cockatoo) as a pet. He was a real character. We inherited him from the local car repair shop because he was too foul mouthed for the customers. He used to tell them all to "F off". Then he started telling our neighbours to do the same thing. THe black ones are amazing. We used to call them "rain birds" because they would always make the most noise when the rain was coming.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 02:35 AM

I thought it was long-billed corellas that were the problem at the moment certainly are in plague proportions in my area.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

01-05-2021, 08:07 AM

they come and go don't they just!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top