Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:35 PM

Rescuing Starving Horses?

One of my daughters helps out at a local animal rescue Charity site.

She's been very upset, recently because a group of horses were brought in, close to death, showing every sign of starvation.

The Charity put together the Vet involvement, and started the horses back on the road to recovery.

The Police were approached, to see if a prosecution was posiible, but were unable to help unless the names of the owners were available. You can't prosecute if you don't know who handed them in.

Then, this week, a "lady" turned up saying that she had handed the horses in and, now, wanted them back as they looked to be recovering well.

The Charity asked her for her name and address, but she refused to give it!

I don't think they will be handing them back!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:43 PM

Re: Rescuing Starving Horses?

I bet they weren't her horses....she'll be the messenger for the real culprits. If she truly cared about the horses but struggled to care for them due to *insert reason*, she should be on her knees thanking the charity! I would hope they never returned the horses - even if she gave them the details.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:43 PM

Oh I hope she doesn't get the horses back, what a terrible way to treat beautiful animals .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:19 PM

She wants prosecuting nothing else .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
She wants prosecuting nothing else .

Were they 'travellers' horses, Muddy?

I agree about prosecuting, but bet they don't though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:50 PM

I am sure they won’t as travellers get a get out of jail card for every situation .
They are one so called ‘ethnic minority’ that I wish were more of a minority !
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 11:37 AM

How they have the brass neck after knowingly starving these wonderful animals to then ask for them back I don’t know.

I would be to ashamed to ask .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top