Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:58 PM

Ospreys nest destroyed

I heard this whilst I was driving home yesterday.

They said there are only 4 breeding pairs of these birds in the whole of Wales.

In one nest, she had just laid her first egg when mindless morons came along in a small boat just before 10 pm at night, and cut the platform down with a chain saw and destroyed the nest.

Why?
Why do some people have such ignorant, spiteful minds?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...-rare-20508532
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Re: Ospreys nest destroyed

I heard about that too, and its horrific. I wonder if its someone who feels the Ospreys interfere with "their" fishing. Its all Ospreys eat, so if someone makes money off fish, its likely a revenge thing - especially if the only access is by boat. Disgusting individuals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I heard about that too, and its horrific. I wonder if its someone who feels the Ospreys interfere with "their" fishing. Its all Ospreys eat, so if someone makes money off fish, its likely a revenge thing - especially if the only access is by boat. Disgusting individuals.

More than likely, Pixie.

It's alright for them to kill or take fish - those who don't even need fish to survive - yet not the bird, who does need it to survive!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:09 PM

Oh that is such a shame
..horrible humans why can't they leave things alone
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-05-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh that is such a shame
..horrible humans why can't they leave things alone

Exactly, Meg.

But in the link the chap said the ones responsible were caught on cameras, so hopefully they will be punished.
MInd you, punishments are usually so lenient, I doubt it will stop them doing it again to the next nest.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top