Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:15 PM

Alien Gogglebox

Watching us watching them watching us.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/24/alien...-say-14821228/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 09:36 PM

Re: Alien Gogglebox

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Watching us watching them watching us.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/24/alien...-say-14821228/
Nonsense Cinders, nobody out there....
At least not life as we know it...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 09:46 PM

I would love to think that there is life out there but I do wonder why they would all be so bothered about watching us. I suppose we might have certain minerals they need.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 10:18 PM

One thing I do know for certain about any life out there is that if that was me and I saw the state this world is in I would be getting back where I had come from as fast as possible!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nonsense Cinders, nobody out there....
At least not life as we know it...

That is what scientists are thinking.

https://www.brunel.ac.uk/news-and-ev...3-new-research

Even today, bacteria are the most dominant living beings on Earth. Take bacteria out of the biosphere, and life will gradually collapse. Bacteria may therefore be far more suited for cosmic travel and communication than us. A recent study found that terrestrial bacteria can survive in space for at least three years, possibly more. Add to this the fact that bacteria can exist in a dormant state for millions of years, and it’s clear that microbes are very resilient.

Indeed, various versions of the panspermia hypothesis – which states that microbial life exists and travels throughout the universe – support this notion. Recent mathematical models have backed this by showing that microbial travel may be possible not only in our solar system, but throughout the galaxy.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:04 AM

There must be some kind of life out there, we are just one of billions of galaxies life, of some kind, must have formed on a planet that could even be similar to ours, maybe life has evolved to be like us or , more likely, completely different, maybe even more advanced with technology we can only dream about, I doubt though, we’ll ever find out, ..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

25-06-2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
One thing I do know for certain about any life out there is that if that was me and I saw the state this world is in I would be getting back where I had come from as fast as possible!
How do you think governments would react to their arrival.
Panic or try communicating.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

25-06-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
There must be some kind of life out there, we are just one of billions of galaxies life, of some kind, must have formed on a planet that could even be similar to ours, maybe life has evolved to be like us or , more likely, completely different, maybe even more advanced with technology we can only dream about, I doubt though, we’ll ever find out, ..
Agree, if more advanced Earth would probably be of no interest.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
How do you think governments would react to their arrival.
Panic or try communicating.
The Americans would bomb them, the Brits would offer them Hotel accommodation, free health care and put at least one in every TV Ad. The Aussies would just carry on as if nothing happened.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Americans would bomb them, the Brits would offer them Hotel accommodation, free health care and put at least one in every TV Ad. The Aussies would just carry on as if nothing happened.
Spot on Longdogs.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top