Join for free
Page 26 of 28 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 03:45 PM

Re: Fitness Report Thread

Good luck with the yoga,and keep at it. For the first few sessions you may find you are playing `catch up` ie watching the pose rather than moving fluidly and listening to your body/muscles-that will pass.

And remember-it`s not a competition,if the person next to you can bend like rubber or do things that make your eyes water then good for them-it doesn`t mean you have to.

I hope your teacher does some relaxation stuff at the start and finish and getting that right can take quite a while. It`s harder than you might think to empty your head,relax and breath in through the nose and out of the nose. Let all your cares drift away.

I have been doing `gentle` yoga for a bit over 5 years now and is it a co-incidence that after having psoriasis for over 30 years before starting I am now not `flaky` around my elbows,knees and knuckles??
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 04:16 PM

I don't think it's a coincidence either - our heath/wellbeing is connected imo.

Skin problems such as dry/flaky skin could be down to a wheat intollerance too OG..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks OG, that's helpful, really. I'm glad to hear you are benefitting. I start in September on the local Council's adult education scheme. Will post here on how I get on ......... does anyone else here do yoga?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Thanks OG, that's helpful, really. I'm glad to hear you are benefitting. I start in September on the local Council's adult education scheme. Will post here on how I get on ......... does anyone else here do yoga?
Have never done it myself Maryl, but my Brother does it. He originally started when he was having a bad time at work to help with stress. He has now been doing it for the past 2/3 years (not that he's been stressed for that long!) and he really finds it beneficial for mind and body as he says.

Hope that you enjoy it.........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 10:19 PM

I hear only good things about it, Maryl; am a bit too lazy to start myself, but hope you enjoy it and all the benefits.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Thanks all of you, aren't you nice people here? I can't back out now can I?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2010, 11:39 AM

I did half an hour on the 'bike' this morning, hoping to lose a few more ounces

Looking forward to hearing how you get on in September, Maryl .....
maryl
UK

14-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Not done much at all over the last few days, must do better!
Mary
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2011, 12:57 PM

After 2 rest days, did another 30km on the bike today. It rained halfway around, so got a bit wet. Now that summer is supposed to be here I may be able to reach my 80km per week target.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Bit of a cloudy start, but that's good, keeps the temperature down a bit.
Just done 51kms that's about 32mls on the MTB, all bar about 4km off road.
Over some pretty damn hilly terrain and some good fun rough tracks.
Even found I had a smile on my face at one point, most unusual.

Now for some of my homemade veg soup, all that cycling has given be an appetite.

Page 26 of 28 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top