Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 01:50 PM

"Remain" supporters - spot the running theme

You only have to take a cursory look at the people and groups desperately trying to get you to vote Remain to see how very far institutionalised it all is and how those "in the money" feel totally threatened about their lucrative positions and wealth streams.

It's the wealthy 1% vs the 99% hoi-polloi.

Supporters for Remain so far have included:

Barack Obama
The Bank Of England
Ex PMs, Major, Blair and Brown
Sir Bob Geldof
Sir Patrick Stewart
Sir John Hurt
Lord Rose - former chair of Marks & Spencer, Burton Group, Argos and Arcadia Group
Carolyn McCall - EasyJet boss
Dame Julia Goodfellow - Universities UK chief
Richard Branson - multi-millionaire entrepeneur
Danny Boyle - film director
Richard Curtis - film director
Keira Knightley
etc

It's where the money is. These people are part and parcel of "The Institution", the very thing that keeps them wealthy and which keeps ordinary people poor and ever in work.

In the Brexit camp you have the likes of

Sir Michael Caine and Duncan Bannatyne

Wealthy? certainly but the kind of people to speak their minds in no uncertain terms, not your average "silver spoon" blue shirt OxBridge old boy's club network candidate.

The 1%ers seem utterly desperate for your Remain vote. Could it be that the layers of corruption are about to be cleaned away? Can we finally plant the seed for real change in this country to rid ourselves of this insipid lawless blanket of greed and corruption?

We can only hope so.

The more of these 1%er puppets we see wheeled in front of the TV cameras, the more I am utterly convinced we MUST vote BREXIT to finally see change.

I don't care if that temporarily means a difficult period during the transition, the "British spirit" that was so prevalent in the last war will prevail. People will get stuck in and we can get back to being a country again.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 01:55 PM

Re: "Remain" supporters - spot the running theme

Oh! NO.
Not another EU thread.

Mind you I agree with all Realist has said, so I shall excuse it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:01 PM

I disagree.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I disagree.
Well you would Purwell.
You would!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:03 PM

As I said to my man servant only the other day `It will mean buggar all to us which ever way it goes`
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:14 PM

If we leave you will have to sack him.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:23 PM

It would be nice in memory of Joe Cox the debate would just stop for one day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If we leave you will have to sack him.
Wrong, he can half his wage.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:37 PM

In the memory of Joe Cox I say keep talking,talk out about issues that matter,and throw in the odd jocular comment.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
In the memory of Joe Cox I say keep talking,talk out about issues that matter,and throw in the odd jocular comment.
Well after seeing the news and the tributes from the Prime Minister and Shadow Prime Minister I thought it would be nice to show some respect.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top