Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 11:29 AM

Re: UK - Japan Trade Negotiations Start

Oh look ...

well, fancy that !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...it-deal-japan/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-boris-johnson
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 01:22 PM

Those clever japanese! By signing a deal now it will be subject to the conditions of the WA, e.g. the ECJ to rule on disputes.
You think any brits will be clever enough to realise That?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Those clever japanese! By signing a deal now it will be subject to the conditions of the WA, e.g. the ECJ to rule on disputes.
You think any brits will be clever enough to realise That?
We will be signing up to a deal but it won't come into effect until 1st January 2021.

There's nothing stopping us doing that at all.

The WA is only valid until it is not valid, and that date is 31st December 2020 at midnight. Then it is repealed from UK and EU law, as I've pointed out to you, many times.

Why on earth would a trade deal between 2 non-EU countries have their disputes controlled by the ECJ
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We will be signing up to a deal but it won't come into effect until 1st January 2021.

The WA is only valid until it is not valid, and that date is 31st December 2020 at midnight. Then it is repealed from UK and EU law, as I've pointed out to you, many times.

Why on earth would a trade deal between 2 non-EU countries have their disputes controlled by the ECJ
Splendid example of why it is useless to discuss with you!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-06-2020, 02:56 PM

Then better tell those preparing to set up customs controls in the irish sea. All the costs etc will be wasted as in your vision the WA (which includes the ireland protocol) will be repealed. Don't you see how hilariously stupid your opinion is?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 02:57 PM

Agreed.

I've been reading as much as possible that's freely available on line about this deal and I've come to my own conclusion that it is not a full-blown 100% complete trade deal but one that is necessary just to keep existing arrangements in place after 31 Dec 2020 to maintain trade between the UK and Japan. Further refinements to the deal will be made in the future. I have been totally unable to find anywhere that states the ECJ will be the final arbiter of any disputes arising from this deal after that date either so, the clog dancing clown is spouting nonsense yet again in my opinion of course.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-06-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Agreed.

I've been reading as much as possible that's freely available on line about this deal and I've come to my own conclusion that it is not a full-blown 100% complete trade deal but one that is necessary just to keep existing arrangements in place after 31 Dec 2020 to maintain trade between the UK and Japan. Further refinements to the deal will be made in the future. I have been totally unable to find anywhere that states the ECJ will be the final arbiter of any disputes arising from this deal after that date either so, the clog dancing clown is spouting nonsense yet again in my opinion of course.
You said before you have difficulty understanding legal texts. But the WA concomittantly gives the*ECJ*jurisdiction for the next*four*years. Read up on article 87.
It's not difficult. Here is the link to your government's site, open the agreement, look up article 87 and read for yourself.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-declaration

So I can go on doing some dancing around the cookingpot filled with some white missionaries.....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-06-2020, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Please, when supplying links, make sure they work before posting them. This one returned "Page not found", oh, and while you're at it, DON'T BE SO BLOODY RACIST!
Does this one work for you? https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-declaration

Okay, beaten black and blue beaten white missionaries. Any colour missing?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You said before you have difficulty understanding legal texts. But the WA concomittantly gives the*ECJ*jurisdiction for the next*four*years. Read up on article 87.
It's not difficult. Here is the link to your government's site, open the agreement, look up article 87 and read for yourself.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-declaration

So I can go on doing some dancing around the cookingpot filled with some white missionaries.....
You're quite right, I'm a trained scientist/technologist NOT a lawyer so I have difficulty understanding the language used. However, it hasn't stopped me from understanding what this LEGAL EXPERT'S blog has to say on the subject and, as has already been said today, you're talking a load of bollox. If my understanding of the blog is anywhere near correct, most of the WA's articles die with the WA on Dec 31, 2020 and the ECJ has no rights over UK jurisprudence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-06-2020, 03:40 PM

The WA could say that people need to do a "funny clog dance for 30 years" if it wants.

It only means something while the treaty is in place. When its gone so does everything in it.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top