Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Re: Is this a record?

Carol it's definitely cooler than it was, but it's still not bad here. We've had a very mild Summer, so probably the chill has come as a bit of a shock. I have had the lamp on earlier at night and my wee fire light on
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 08:10 PM

Get a onesie, will keep you warm and are very comfortable.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Yep, I am guilty Carol, had it on a couple of times and it is on now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 08:34 PM

We never had to light the fire or put the heating on in August before but I came close to it last night, it was very cold, I had to put a jumper on while watching TV. We're getting this blast of cold weather blown down from the Arctic and no sign of it letting up, so the weatherman tells us, but we still have September, always a decent month weatherise, hope I didn't put the knockers on it now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 04:30 AM

Yesterday i was down my patch doing a seawatch, very cold so out came the hat gloves etc Autumnal to say the least. I avoid using heating as long as i can to keep my costs down, their must be many like me. However i have noticed how much warmer the South is compared to my location, and so im used to lower temperatures.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 06:05 PM

My CH has gone on the last 2 mornings at 6.30am as it has been cold enough for the automatic to go and turn on. It dried my wet washing,.
I don't have a fire so cant turn that on we live on CH to keep warm.
Its been less than 8 degrees here at night time so your house does
not get up to over 20 degrees at all.
The temperature between the North of England and the South can sometimes be as much as 10 degrees or more.
My washing this week if not dried by the CH would have started to go
mouldy and smelly and so the CH has saved me and its cheaper than
a clothes drier.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 06:50 PM

We put on the gas fire last evening but won't be using the central heating yet.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 07:50 PM

I have my thermostat on 18, rather than turning the heating on and off. It has come on the last few mornings. It is expected to be cold tonight, so I expect it will be on tomorrow too.

I think this is first for us.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 11:28 PM

I've put the electric blanket back on my bed as it's been a little chilly at night so I'm prepared if the temp drops
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 11:37 PM

We have a summer duvet on summer and winter, our bed is very warm I have a quilted under sheet over a memory topper and a fitted sheet over that so we are warm top and bottom......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top