Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 03:32 PM

You can go off people can’t you ?

Judy Dench is my target at the moment .
Next week’s Radio Times cover tells us things she doesn’t want to stop ....which includes flirting !
What at her age ?

I saw her recently on a chat show where she seemed to be struggling to understand what the others were talking about . Just my opinion .
Then I’ve begun to watch repeats of As Time Goes By which I never watched at the time .
This is on every night and I’m noticing how her voice and manner of speaking even if she’s acting a bossy role is getting on my nerves and her clothes ! Tent like things in beige and white of all colours , even her pyjamas the last two nights have had these shirtlike white tops .
Noticed too even all those years ago what broad hips she has ..she would have looked far better in black .
Why is she so popular ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: You can go off people can’t you ?

I don't know, perhaps because she is bossy and pushy?
I do like her "lagenlook" clothes though.

I saw she is in a program where she travels somewhere exotic.
I wish, just for once someone ordinary would be treated to these holidays, someone who has dreamt of going somewhere all their lives. I'm sure Dame Judy could afford trips like that herself.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Next week’s Radio Times cover tells us things she doesn’t want to stop ....which includes flirting !
What at her age ?

I saw her recently on a chat show where she seemed to be struggling to understand what the others were talking about . Just my opinion .
Then I’ve begun to watch repeats of As Time Goes By which I never watched at the time .
This is on every night and I’m noticing how her voice and manner of speaking even if she’s acting a bossy role is getting on my nerves and her clothes ! Tent like things in beige and white of all colours , even her pyjamas the last two nights have had these shirtlike white tops .
Noticed too even all those years ago what broad hips she has ..she would have looked far better in black .
Why is she so popular ?
Does it feel better getting Judi off your chest Zuleika?!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 03:46 PM

I quite like Judi Dench. She has endured and is also a good actress.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I quite like Judi Dench. She has endured and is also a good actress.

I do, too.

Zuleiker, when you say she - "seemed to be struggling to understand what others were talking about," I vaguely remember seeing that, and suspected she had a problem with her hearing.

People who struggle with hearing sometimes look very vague when you talk to them, but it is only because they never caught what you said properly.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Does it feel better getting Judi off your chest Zuleika?!
Yes it does .
Very rare I have a bit of a rant.
In the case of ATGB if I were Lionel I’d tell her to shut up with her bossiness ,her picking and nagging .
Zuleika
North West UK

29-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do, too.

Zuleiker, when you say she - "seemed to be struggling to understand what others were talking about," I vaguely remember seeing that, and suspected she had a problem with her hearing.

People who struggle with hearing sometimes look very vague when you talk to them, but it is only because they never caught what you said properly.
That is a distinct possibility Mups .
What do you think about her saying she doesn’t want to stop flirting ? At 84 ?
If it was say Joan Collins she’d get shouted down I think .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:09 PM

What at her age ?

Why is she so popular ?

Yup!!...I understand what you mean...I have no idea why she is so popular,..different strokes for different folks maybe.

As for flirting,I still do it,...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:15 PM

That is a distinct possibility Mups .
What do you think about her saying she doesn’t want to stop flirting ? At 84 ?
If it was say Joan Collins she’d get shouted down I think .

Well I think there is flirting and flirting.

I can't imagine she would flirt seriously, sort of lewd and inviting - a full on 'come and get me' type flirt, can you? That would not be good, I agree.

If it is light hearted jesting, and men would know that and respond appropriately - even endearingly perhaps - I would propably see it is nothing more than a little cheeky joke and shows she's still alive.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:15 PM

She is 84, you know .....

..... and has been diagnosed with macular degeneration, a degenerative eye condition .....

Although I admired her early career - I saw her several times with the RSC at Stratford-upon-Avon - she failed, IMO, to break out of that "stage-actor" mould, so I soon lost interest.

Nevertheless, she's had a remarkable stage career.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top