Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Re: How fast is your broadband?

Thanks everyone

Honey, the download speed is the most important, followed by the upload speed - the higher the better, as it indicates how fast you can read (download) web pages and the upload speed for uploading files etc.

Bruce, I'm assuming that's a wired connection? That could explain yours and Marts excellent ping times.

Spider - are you connected wirelessly to your router? (wifi)

Looks like Mart and Bruce have the fastest internet amongst us
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 10:08 AM

It's all a miracle that we can do this Internet thing at all, let alone at any speed. Who'd have thought it when I were a lad!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 10:15 AM

Yep, it's kinda crazy isn't it.

We can 'teleport' a photograph to someone on the other side of the world in less than a second. Amazing
Spider
South Yorkshire, England
Spider is male  Spider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks everyone
Spider - are you connected wirelessly to your router? (wifi)
:
Yes Azz we are connected wirelessly.

You are probably right Meg regarding where you are located, but I bet you wouldn't swap for a little bit more internet speed, would you???
I live only a few hundred metres from one of those new fangled BT boxes that have been springing up all over the country. It's made a massive difference to the speeds we receive, I'm well pleased.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

18-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spider ->
That's good to know, thanks
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:34 PM

this is mine, but bear in mind down here in the Welsh Valleys
our computers are coal fired.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Spider ->

You are probably right Meg regarding where you are located, but I bet bet you wouldn't swap for a little bit more internet speed, would you???
I live only a few hundred metres from one of those new fangled BT boxes that have been springing up all over the country. It's made a massive difference to the speeds we receive, I'm well pleased.
No I wouldn't Spider but a bit of speed would be nice sometimes. Good job I am a patient person ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Yep, it's kinda crazy isn't it.

We can 'teleport' a photograph to someone on the other side of the world in less than a second. Amazing
I wish I could teleport meself though
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

18-06-2014, 12:43 PM

You can.... it just takes a bit longer

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top