Join for free
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 02:01 PM

18 Adult Truths

1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an idiot from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

7. Google Maps really need to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighbourhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

16. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 03:38 PM

Re: 18 Adult Truths

Yep your probably right they're all true, and i bet there's a lot more to add to them
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 06:03 PM

I can relate to a few of them.
no 16 especially , I always wonder what ive nodded to latter
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:30 PM

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

I get this one a lot lately.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Could have something to do with all the time we spend on here!

Where's that will power.

BTW ........what's blu ray?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Could have something to do with all the time we spend on here!

Where's that will power.

BTW ........what's blu ray?
Hello Anita, as far as I know it's a new system supposed to make vision and sound extra clear to watch and hear, you need to have a Blu Ray video player and the disc must be Blu Ray too, I'm avoiding it because something else will come out soon to make Blu Ray obsolete.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 09:27 PM

Can't keep up with it, there was hi definition and now there is this, it's a far cry from my little B&W portable telly in the 70s.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Hello Anita, as far as I know it's a new system supposed to make vision and sound extra clear to watch and hear, you need to have a Blu Ray video player and the disc must be Blu Ray too, I'm avoiding it because something else will come out soon to make Blu Ray obsolete.
I've always been more than happy with my 8 track cartridge player. Also I'm colour blind and they don't Green Ray..yet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

13-02-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I've always been more than happy with my 8 track cartridge player. Also I'm colour blind and they don't Green Ray..yet.
Between the Blu Rays and the bluetooth EZ you wouldn't know where you were, the wife asked me the other day had my computer got bluetooth, "Not yet love, but it keeps acting up on me it won't have any teeth"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top