Join for free
Page 302 of 370 « First < 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 312 352 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 03:14 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Welcome back, Floydy! I also enjoyed your photos and was most pleased that you and Mrs. Floydy had a pleasant break from it all. Rainy days on holidays remind us why we want to get away in the first place - to relax.

Relaxing is not what you did on that workout though! Well done on jumping right back into the fire. Sometimes I think we can't wait to have that first session at home for fear of not doing it at all. I ran like a fiend after the NC trip for fear that the gods of laziness and sloth might be catching up with me.

What an inviting trail and a gorgeous day, OGF! Sometimes being in the slow lane is good for the soul - and marriage .

We are taking the boat out today for some well-needed sun which means that today's run will surely be on the beach. I like to think that a beach run is a harder workout that the trails and pavement, but we'll see. I shall keep you apprised!

Have a fine afternoon!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Awful workout yesterday. That chest complaint returned, the one with the dry cough and the slight breathlessness just under the collarbone. As per the first time I had it, my energy just drained away and after 40 minutes I got to the point where nausea was starting to kick in, so I headed home. You have to know when to call it a day, eh!

I got home at around 5pm but was so drained I was asleep in front of the computer by 7pm so I gave up and went to bed. I've had 15 hours of solid sleep and still feel tired, but I'm heading out with my sons for Father's Day lunch. I'm not missing that!!

Good luck everyone and best wishes to all dads and grandads - enjoy your day.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Awful workout yesterday. That chest complaint returned, the one with the dry cough and the slight breathlessness just under the collarbone. As per the first time I had it, my energy just drained away and after 40 minutes I got to the point where nausea was starting to kick in, so I headed home. You have to know when to call it a day, eh!

I got home at around 5pm but was so drained I was asleep in front of the computer by 7pm so I gave up and went to bed. I've had 15 hours of solid sleep and still feel tired, but I'm heading out with my sons for Father's Day lunch. I'm not missing that!!

Good luck everyone and best wishes to all dads and grandads - enjoy your day.
Sorry to here Tachy, I hope you start to feel better soon. Enjoy your day
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sorry to here Tachy, I hope you start to feel better soon. Enjoy your day
Thanks Lion Queen. I'm starting to perk up now, after the chest complaint started on Thursday, so I hope it actually goes away and doesn't keep coming back. I checked the gym machine app to see how pathetically I did on Saturday and it was a mere 367 calories burnt and just over 15k Kg lifted, which is indeed pathetic. That's about 30% of what I can normally do, sigh. Still, Tuesday beckons so fingers crossed.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Thanks Suzie, much appreciated

Tachyon - Sorry to hear about your recurring chest complaint bud. Persevere and you'll get over it again I'm sure. Just take things easy at the gym - no need to hammer those reps mate.

Sunday 16 June 2019: Legs. 55 mins.

A very boring Father’s Day for me as Mrs. F has been at work and I haven’t seen the kids but never mind. I visited my dad’s grave and tidied things up with new plants and basically chilled out until the thought of an overdue legs outing at the gym played on my mind too much. This was my third workout in three days and it was a struggle to get motivated. But motivated I became and I dragged myself to the gym because there is no way I wanted to do this tomorrow, being back at work on the night.

Puffing and panting throughout I completed the session but it was nothing to shout about.

(All weights in kgs)

Incline press:
Feet low on plate (quads/knees) -
20x150, 18x200,15x250, 8x300
Feet high on plate (hams/glutes) reverse sets –
10x250, 13x200, 14x150
Feet centre of plate –
50x120 half-way high reps

Seated ham curl:
20x40, 20x50, 10x70
25x35

Sled press:
12x150 – pause – 12x150 – pause – 12x150 – pause – 12x150

Calf press:
20x100, 25x120, 22x140
20x100

Lying ham curl:
20x25, 12x32.5, 6x40
12x20

Adductor:
20x50, 21x55, 14x60
20x40

Abductor:
20x50, 21x55, 14x60
20x40

Extensions:
20x40, 18x60, 13x100
15x100 half-way ‘bounce’ reps

I’ve made the decision to keep posting in this section but very little elsewhere from now on, to basically forget about the rest of the forum. For various reasons it holds very little interest and enjoyment for me anymore. I know others are feeling the same.

Thanks for reading.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Thanks Lion Queen. I'm starting to perk up now, after the chest complaint started on Thursday, so I hope it actually goes away and doesn't keep coming back. I checked the gym machine app to see how pathetically I did on Saturday and it was a mere 367 calories burnt and just over 15k Kg lifted, which is indeed pathetic. That's about 30% of what I can normally do, sigh. Still, Tuesday beckons so fingers crossed.
Tell me about it Tachyon!...
I don't seem to have had a decent run since last year, just when I think I've turned the corner and started to see the old Foxy, I get totally wrecked over a distance I wouldn't have bothered to put on the the running kit just a few years ago....
We must just go with the flow Tachyon and not expect too much, and be thankful that we can still do something.... I'm sure with some rest you'll come back fighting....

Although the time was embarrassing on my eight miler this morning I rather enjoyed it.
The roads were dry and not a sign of the rain that had accompanied me on most of last week's runs. Rabbits and Hares sat at the roadside cheering me on and Crows and Rooks swooped overhead with their squawks of approval....

A lady runner approached me in the opposite direction as I was entering the village on my last mile, she had stopped for a walk and I called out a few words of encouragement "You make it look so easy" she exclaimed, if she only knew how I really felt....
It brings to mind the story of the Swan gliding through the water so serenely and effortlessly, while it paddles for dear life under the water...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 04:10 PM

Bob - When somebody like you is still managing to run eight miles then I think you can be forgiven for the time spent completing it. Nothing to be ashamed about at all there mate

Tachyon - How are you feeling today, bud? Any better?

Ha! Well, here we go again...my fourth training day in a row! Thing is, because I’ve not been at work I became lethargic and have had to catch up big time. Hate sitting around all day.

Just a quick run through of the high reps this afternoon then. Repping fast with very light weights until the strain starts to happen, then a quick pause and as many added tension reps for strength before failure point:

Monday 17 June 2019: High Fast Reps. 50mins.

(All weights in kgs)

Lat pulldown, underarm:
25x35 +15

Smith shoulder press, 60° incline:
15x25 +5

Smith flat bench press, close grip:
20x30 +7

Seated row:
30x35 +8

Incline chest press:
20x40 +3

Pec dec:
25x35 +7

Tricep push down:
27x25 +6

Bicep stack machine curl:
25x15 +5

E-Z preacher curl, seated:
20x23 +6

Fly delt dec:
40x50 +10

Tricep extensions:
30x30 +10

Ab crunch:
50x35

Arm curl machine, alternate:
20x20 +10

Incline leg press (feet low):
40x120 +5

Incline leg press (feet high):
25x120 +5

This was a blueprint to be honest, I’ll be amending and increasing weight and reps for next time. I could have done a bit more on the legs but I’m still recovering from yesterday’s normal session so I didn’t push it.

Next session later this week.

Thanks for reading
Tachyon

17-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Tachyon - How are you feeling today, bud? Any better?
Nice workout as ever, Floydy. You never let up!

Yes, feeling better today and redeemed myself a bit at the place I volunteer. They want to get the residents interested in growing things in the greenhouse, if they feel they want to, so I turned up and gutted the place in preparation for Thursday's plant potting. I was hoping some of the bags of stuff piled in the place would be gravel and hopefully potting comost but it was all Rock Salt! There was 14 plastic sacks of the stuff, but nothing useful for potting, so I've mentioned we'll need some.

The training must be paying off as I could manage the sacks fine as long as I used both hands, so I piled them against the sides, moved things around to make more room and swept the place to leave it neat. I felt great during it and afterwards, so I had a go at digging the little veggie patch and getting masses of weeds out, but I quickly got tired and thought to best leave it there. I'm tired but happy.

No idea if I'll manage the gym in the morning though - it's been a long time since I did manual work in the garden.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 04:50 PM

Good morning from the Land of Oz! No, not that one below the equator, but rather the one with Dorothy, the Tin Man, and Toto. While there was no sight of them this morning on my run, there were wheat fields and wildflowers galore. The two-week deluge last month is now rewarding us with a riot of color and fragrance, along with flocks of happy and nesting birds.

Tachyon, it must feel fantastic to see your efforts paying off in your day-to-day activities, which is ultimately what it's all about. I admire you for getting out there and doing some volunteering. It sounds like an enjoyable undertaking.

OGF and Floydy, how nice it is to have you back here again and back into your routines. I selfishly missed you both, though I am most happy that you were able to get away.

Run, lift, paddle, swim!
Tachyon

17-06-2019, 09:52 PM

Off to bed knackered now, lol. One of the young women I help support had her birthday party tonight, so after heading home to shower and change after doing the greenhouse and coming back again for the party, I notched up 6¼ miles on foot. They even got me up to dance at the disco, which is something I haven't done in around 50 years, but I couldn't refuse and spoil the fun. What a blast I've had, as well as managing some decent exercise rearranging the greenhouse and hauling sacks around.

Page 302 of 370 « First < 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 312 352 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top