Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:58 PM

Re: TALK TALK breaking news

Originally Posted by toyboyroy ->
You must be on the same contract as me Honey, I have no problem with their service really, (a few connection problems now and again, I`m on Fibre but thinking on going back to conventional system).

My account is still untouched as yet.

Roy
mine's the bog standard account with a router connection which works just fine for me and worth the money so I can't complain about their service. I was with AOL for 15 years until Talk Talk took over, no issues at all so I'll stay put for now and look at other options when my contract comes up for renewal
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by seacroft ->
Regards cancelling your contract early and exit fees being due, according to advice which I heard on the radio because TT have not protected customers data correctly they are in breach of contract.

Therefore the customer has to be allowed to leave early without penalty if they wish.
That was not what I heard , in an interview TalkTalk chief executive Dido Harding said it would be decide on a case by case basis ..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 01:05 AM

I heard that too
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 10:26 AM

I don't have an account with TalkTalk, but it seems to me that they have failed to keep their part of the contract with their customers, and should allow them to cancel/leave without any penalty

Even if the fine print says they are not legally required to do so, IMO they should certainly not enforce any penalties from a moral point of view
Trying to hang on to customers and making them suffer even more would, in my view, destroy any credibility they have left

Most large companies have contingency plans and rehearsed procedures for incidents, problems, and disasters, but this seems to have taken TT by surprise; images of headless chickens start appearing
For a large IT company to be surprised by hacking, and not to be able to answer basic questions is just pathetic

This post was prompted by the fact that yesterday I received some junk mail from TT telling me how wonderful they are, which in these circumstances just makes them look damn silly
You'd have thought that one of the first things they'd have done would be to cancel or suspend this sort of advertising & publicity asap
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:21 PM

LindyLou asked -
Is it necessary to have alternative credit card and bank accounts so that everything can be transferred as quickly as possible?
Sensible advice methinks. Don't forget, unlike the aircraft industry, these internet connexions are NOT fail-safe. Another nail in the coffin of internet finance and banking.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:37 PM

Just heard on the news about 10-00 that TT will not waive the penalty if you want to end your contract early just because you might have been hacked.
To leave without a penalty you have to show that money has actually been taken from your account
I wonder how many people will be renewing their contract when it ends?

I have my Broadband connection & landline with Plus Net, and a fairly straightforward current account at my bank. I have no intention of changing this arrangement or getting Internet banking in the future
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:39 PM

Last night, on the BBC News, I understand that a 15 year old boy, in Ireland, has been arrested, concerning this TT attack ! I've heard nothing more, but FIFTEEN YEARS OLD FFS!!!

Has anybody heard any more? I'm not with TT by the way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
Last night, on the BBC News, I understand that a 15 year old boy, in Ireland, has been arrested, concerning this TT attack ! I've heard nothing more, but FIFTEEN YEARS OLD FFS !

Has anybody heard any more? I'm not with TT by the way.
Gilly he has been 'released on bail' apparently.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Gilly he has been 'released on bail' apparently.
So he can carry on with a computer and develop his efforts !
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 01:50 PM

I can understand TT's stance, because if droves of customers make a run for it, prior to the end of their contracts, the firm will fold in days.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top