Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Re: TV Box Sets

I forgot to mention 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland. I avoided watching this for years but eventually bought the whole lot as a box set and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can remember last summer, sitting up till 2 in the morning to see what happened. If you enjoy watching terrorists getting their @rses kicked, this is for you.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:46 PM

The stand, like you is was hit and miss. You really needed to have read the book I think

Band of Brothers , a must have in any collection, no matter what your favourtie genre is. Its up there with the best

Six Feet Under - quirky and thoroughly watchable

The British ones are as I would have thought

I would also say Peaky Blinders is a must, last season is next year

Game of Thrones, even though Im not a fantasy dragons and swords sort of fan, its BRILLIANT

Suits, if you like fast and snappy American dramas, Its as good as Ally McBeal

Orange is the New Black - really zany and takes a while to love the characters but then just go along for the ride
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Missy - do you know if the 'Red Rock' series about the Garda is out on DVD yet? I keep searching but cannot find it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Missy, one from me too (this may turn into an extension of your Hot Seat thread anytime soon lol)...I'm pleased you mentioned that Peaky Blinders has one final series to come as I haven't seen any of it. This means I'll be able to buy the box set soon

I did hear through the grapevine that they were even thinking of merging this series with Boardwalk Empire at some stage? Would that work out? Are they in the same time frame of the 1930's? Also, on is British, the other American. Hmmm.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Missy, one from me too (this may turn into an extension of your Hot Seat thread anytime soon lol)...I'm pleased you mentioned that Peaky Blinders has one final series to come as I haven't seen any of it. This means I'll be able to buy the box set soon

I did hear through the grapevine that they were even thinking of merging this series with Boardwalk Empire at some stage? Would that work out? Are they in the same time frame of the 1930's? Also, on is British, the other American. Hmmm.
Ive never seen Boardwalk Empire but looking it up it sounds very similar to Peaky Blinders, which Ive just read is going to have two more seasons, but thats an old page so the one more season could well be the latest news
Mel15
Nowhere

24-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Missy - do you know if the 'Red Rock' series about the Garda is out on DVD yet? I keep searching but cannot find it.

Ive not found it either ST, but the good news its on YouTube
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not sure what happened to series three on TV. It got episode 25 of 37 then just stopped???
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Ive not found it either ST, but the good news its on YouTube
Thanks, Missy.
Mel15
Nowhere

25-08-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not sure what happened to series three on TV. It got episode 25 of 37 then just stopped???

It was something to do with the filming schedule being messed up as they had. to move to a new set so they still haven't been aired on TV3 yet
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
It was something to do with the filming schedule being messed up as they had. to move to a new set so they still haven't been aired on TV3 yet
Thanks for the info Missy. I hoping the new set has a light switch so we can see the actors.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top