Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:13 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

could have been the House of Reaney - let me check my print out diary of the times! yes that's the one - thank goodness for old printed diaries!

give him my regards will ya!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:49 PM

I will indeed Gummy, but it won't be until next Summer when I'll be out there.

Hope your having a good time Sweetie.

Looking at them opening up old Mummies in Egypt on BBC4 the other night. Have you ever noticed that they (the Mummies) all have lovely teeth?, well for having been dead for 3,000 years they have, I’ve yet to see a Gummy Mummy. One Mummy chap had the full set top and bottom, albeit the were smoky brown colour but beautiful straight teeth, maybe he was a heavy smoker, tobacco was about back then I believe.
They used to mummify little animals and intern them with the human mummies.

In a faraway land called Egypt
A Mummy lay dead in a crypt
Inside of his gizzard, they found a stuffed Lizard
And a packet of fags that were tipped.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:48 PM

I have arrived.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 10:33 PM

fake trees heh?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Well I am here...?????????????? for a moment.........wot the feck is a moment????????
A moment in time.............. secs/mins/hrs/days etc etc X.....cross marks the spot heh - wot about our physics guru - pugs the thug?
any idea - duckie - I'll just get you an expresso while ya puttin ya two brain cells into gear - no dear yea cannie go backwards in time only forwards!
ACTUALLY,Toots...in physics terms,'a moment' is generally accepted to be 90 seconds. So STFU and get the espresso going!
In reality,an hour is dependent on the length of the day as SOLAR hours can vary very slightly in length depending on the season. A 'moment' is actually equal [if you want to bore your little lace panties to shreds,read on,gummy] to force,times 'perpendicular distance from fulcrum to actuated line of action of that force.

...I shall now STFU and await my espresso-oh,plus ridicule,of course...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Hello Possums.
I was so tired yesterday.
It took ages to find our hotel. It is only a year old, even the Taxis didn't have a clue.
We were dropped off near, but wandered around for an hour, before we eventually found it. I thought for a while that we had been conned!

But it is luxury amongst the run down other buildings. I will take some pics.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:12 PM

That must have been a bit of a scare for you Sweetie, glad you finally found it, are the two lads with you this time?

It hasn’t stopped raining here all day, a cold miserable looking day indeed.
I had me little 5 year old grandson over from Italy earlier, he cheered me up no end, he’s got taller in the few months he’s been away. His mam and dad are trying to buy a house in a town near Lake Garda, if they can’t get one they’ll probably come home, they have an apartment in Rome, they want to sell it and move north where the weather is not as hot as it gets to be in Rome, my lad can’t stand too much heat. So we don’t know how it’ll all turn out for them, Phyllis and me miss the little fella terrible.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Yes Jem my boys are with us.
Glad you have had fun.

The hidden entrance to our hotel.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 09:04 PM

A secret hotel! Hmmmmmm!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-10-2018, 09:14 PM

More pics at the Candy Bar. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top