Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 07:48 PM

Google Chrome

Please bear with me as I'm not computer savvy

Since yesterday Google Chrome has changed.

The appearance is now dark grey or black and where the http and green lock used to be it's now a circle with an 'i' in it.
Clicking on that says 'Your connection to this site is not private'.
Every site I have previously used was secure with the green padlock.
But, according to Google Chrome, they aren't/weren't secure (including this one BTW) and my BT account and emails.

I've done so much research on the problem today, altered Avast, reset that, changed the cookie thingies, deleted cookies, done all sorts - but it seems that's the way it is now. Google Chrome has changed it's lay out - so tough!

Anyone else having problems?

I'm on Windows 8 (or maybe 8.1) and running Version 53.0.2785.116 m of Google Chrome.

Do I stick with it or change my browser? If I do that will I lose my bookmarks?
Which is the best browser anyway?

I am concerned that nothing is safe to browse on Google Chrome anymore

Edited: I keep getting chucked off here too, especially when I go to another page

Edited for the umpteenth time:
It won't let me stay on here.
If anyone can answer the problem, I'll look in from afar, ie not logged in...and then if someone wants to know something, I'll log back in again
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 08:10 PM

Re: Google Chrome

I'm on Google Chrome too Pesta and I've noticed the changes you described also.
They seem to have changed the colour schemes and introduced that little i thingy in the address bar. I think the security is the same as it always was, and I don't think anyone but you can access your E-mails Pesta.

Where is Realist when you need him.......

I've just checked my E-mails and there is still the lock on the address bar and the S on the http S meaning that it is a secure site.

Have you also noticed that when you select a tab at the top of the page you sort of get a splash effect?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm on Google Chrome too Pesta and I've noticed the changes you described also.
They seem to have changed the colour schemes and introduced that little i thingy in the address bar. I think the security is the same as it always was, and I don't think anyone but you can access your E-mails Pesta.

Where is Realist when you need him.......
Thanks for that OGF...yes get here Realist asap!

I was just kicked off every time I moved in here. So I've altered all the cookies and accepted them for on here.
Now I'm back again, still with the circle with the 'i' in it.

So, it doesn't bother you the 'i' thing for security such as emails? What if you did online banking? (I don't BTW)

It's awful we have no control....I hate not being in control.

Edited
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 08:25 PM

I do all my banking online Pesta but security is provided by the bank when you select their address.

I don't think the site ever was secure as I'm sure Realist will concur but when you select your e-mail address you are directed to the secure portion of the site.

I know what you mean about control, but it goes with the terrain if you use the internet, if someone wants to monitor your activity you are powerless to stop them, just be careful what you do online. Don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother to see...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-09-2016, 08:36 PM

I do all my banking online Pesta but security is provided by the bank when you select their address.

I don't think the site ever was secure as I'm sure Realist will concur but when you select your e-mail address you are directed to the secure portion of the site.

I know what you mean about control, but it goes with the terrain if you use the internet, if someone wants to monitor your activity you are powerless to stop them, just be careful what you do online. Don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother to see...
Change that to father, 'he that must be obeyed'. I'm sure he's still watching me from up there
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 08:56 PM

Hi Pesta I have Chrome and W8.1

I noticed the changes and don't have any problems ..
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Just you wait

Mind you...some folk are lucky, I was always an unlucky one when whoever handed luck out

And I am thick when it comes to technology
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-09-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

All this new stuff.....I'm still running Windows 7....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-09-2016, 09:08 PM

All this new stuff.....I'm still running Windows 7....
I wish they still did XP
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 09:20 PM

I still use XP, won't let them bully me.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top