Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Re: Yahoo Mail ?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh poo tiddle

Anyone else want to contribute ?
Well Rachel I'm not a frequent visitor here but if it helps I can confirm that from time to time Yahoo sends me a message as I'm logging in suggesting I change my password.

I don't want to change my password (After all what can possibly happen if someone logs into an e-mail account as me and is not me )

Anyway, in very small letters I found a button that said "Ignore for now" and I click on that, it asks you again and I click on it again and then I finally get into my Yahoo e-mail account

This goes on for a week or two, then they stop putting up that message, then it starts again It all indicates to me that Yahoo don't have a clue what they are doing and I've been using another e-mail for personal stuff.

I don't bother with that e-mail thingy that Julie mentioned, I'm only using two e-mail suppliers now and quite happy to log in seperately on each one.

So 'bottom line' just ignore it
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Is that the stuff that removes pubic hair?

I am with Rachel on this one, I don't know what you are talking about and have zero interest in finding out

I do remain concerned that my emails could be hacked and I am very happy with my pubic hair thank you.

Jean Harlow used to bleach hers (I think) and that led to her demise

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Well Rachel I'm not a frequent visitor here but if it helps I can confirm that from time to time Yahoo sends me a message as I'm logging in suggesting I change my password.

I don't want to change my password (After all what can possibly happen if someone logs into an e-mail account as me and is not me )

Anyway, in very small letters I found a button that said "Ignore for now" and I click on that, it asks you again and I click on it again and then I finally get into my Yahoo e-mail account

This goes on for a week or two, then they stop putting up that message, then it starts again It all indicates to me that Yahoo don't have a clue what they are doing and I've been using another e-mail for personal stuff.

I don't bother with that e-mail thingy that Julie mentioned, I'm only using two e-mail suppliers now and quite happy to log in seperately on each one.

So 'bottom line' just ignore it

Thank you Losos and Malcolm

I shall think on

Why do my threads turn into smutty stuff ?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:31 PM

Why do my threads turn into smutty stuff ?
Pop in tomorrow it is going to be smut day, co's I am sweeping the chimney Last year I paid a guy £60 to stick his brush up my flue and I did not consider it good value for money.

I get the same messages as you on Yahoo and ignore them. Did change the password once when Yahoo had a internal hacking problem.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:42 PM

Pop in tomorrow it is going to be smut day, co's I am sweeping the chimney Last year I paid a guy £60 to stick his brush up my flue and I did not consider it good value for money.
Lol ... FGS

Are you being 'despicable' ?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:46 PM

Lol ... FGS

Are you being 'despicable' ?
Oh you are so Surrey posh
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2016, 10:51 PM

Oh you are so Surrey posh
dukeofearl
south coast uk

21-09-2016, 11:17 PM

I will try a "B" please xx
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2016, 11:18 PM

I will try a "B" please xx
OK Bob
dukeofearl
south coast uk

22-09-2016, 02:25 PM

That is it, swept the flue So if you are getting married soon and want a Sweep at your wedding for luck, I am your man
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Rachel, I'm always wary of those type of emails. Whether genuine or not I would advise that you DO NOT click on any of the links given. If you want to use the links/URLs then type them out yourself directly into your browser at the top.

I don't personally understand the security issues it is talking about. At the end of the day no-one gets into your account without the email address and password, so the technology used is somewhat less priority.

On the other hand, it is possible that you as a user are not being secure. Do you for example, ALWAYS type out your email address and password when you use email? Or did you in the past tick some option box so that you would be automatically logged in without having to do that? If the latter, that would be ill-advised imo.

There are no easy options for good security. It should be a pain to log into any secure account. Despite that, lots of particularly older people think its great to tick those boxes and have the PC remember their passwords. Go figure !

Overall I would ignore your Yahoo email unless you are doing something unsecure (i.e. not typing your password in every time). It reads more like an advert to me trying to get you to use their software.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top