Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 12:35 PM

Re: Yahoo Mail ?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Rachel, I'm always wary of those type of emails. Whether genuine or not I would advise that you DO NOT click on any of the links given. If you want to use the links/URLs then type them out yourself directly into your browser at the top.

I don't personally understand the security issues it is talking about. At the end of the day no-one gets into your account without the email address and password, so the technology used is somewhat less priority.

On the other hand, it is possible that you as a user are not being secure. Do you for example, ALWAYS type out your email address and password when you use email? Or did you in the past tick some option box so that you would be automatically logged in without having to do that? If the latter, that would be ill-advised imo.

There are no easy options for good security. It should be a pain to log into any secure account. Despite that, lots of particularly older people think its great to tick those boxes and have the PC remember their passwords. Go figure !

Overall I would ignore your Yahoo email unless you are doing something unsecure (i.e. not typing your password in every time). It reads more like an advert to me trying to get you to use their software.
I don't let the computer remember my passwords, but I don't think I can log out of my emails using the iPad.
Aha ... have changed the email thingy to something else and now I can log in and out on the iPad.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh poo tiddle

Anyone else want to contribute ?
Hi Rachel. Computer bods have their own language so that the majority of us don't understand what they are talking about and we can be all impressed (not).
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Rachel. Computer bods have their own language so that the majority of us don't understand what they are talking about and we can be all impressed (not).
Very true .. sad innit
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 01:37 PM

Yahoo has had a cyber break in by a foreign power so they are probably belatedly beefing up security. I don't use Yahoo but I still have a couple of accounts so I just changed the passwords.

If you are using an iPad just download the Yahoo app from the istore or whatever it is called.

If you are using a desktop make sure you are using https:// as opposed to logging in using http://
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yahoo has had a cyber break in by a foreign power so they are probably belatedly beefing up security. I don't use Yahoo but I still have a couple of accounts so I just changed the passwords.

If you are using an iPad just download the Yahoo app from the istore or whatever it is called.

If you are using a desktop make sure you are using https:// as opposed to logging in using http://
This is the latest communication

It was me trying to alter stuff but I don't know where to find this iOS thing.
Googled but the info was a few years out of date.
I don't like to click on links
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Next question

Is it better to access Yahoo mail via a browser ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Next question

Is it better to access Yahoo mail via a browser ?
No...use the app!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 12:50 PM

Makes no difference.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Can't find the app
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 07:34 PM

Can anyone help me.

This morning all my photo's from years ago was on my Photo Gallery, just come on here and they have all disappeared?

Where have they gone, how do I get them back?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top