Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 11:04 AM

DRAGON Naturally Speaking

As anyone got or experienced elsewhere the Dragon Naturally Speaking Software. (I think you can get model 10 or new update 11).

What did you think?

Thanks,
Rainbow
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:43 PM

Re: DRAGON Naturally Speaking

I've never heard of it - what's it all about Rainbow?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:44 PM

I've never heard of it either
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:57 PM

Well it is a software, whereby apparently you merely SPEAK to the Computer and it responds to everything that you would normally do through the keyboard and mouse. It responds instantly. (Obviously a great help for anyone with physical disability) but equally very useful for anyone (maybe).

You can call up anything, simply by talking instead of typing or using the mouse! Then it will also type anything as you speak.

I would like to hear someone who has used it to give a review.

Have a Google and see .....

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 01:07 PM

I have it and I used it for a few years before I built a new computer and have not got around to installing it.

It did take a lot of practice, I suppose it depends on you accent as to how easy it recognises you voice.

I would recommend it if you have time and patience to train it properly.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

22-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks Antibrown, Hmmmmm, think I might wait until the technology as improved.

'Touch typing' may still be quicker! LOL

(Was imagining being able to do something else, while interacting by speach to the Computer at the same time
- no need to sit in front of computer)

Rainbow
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 11:10 PM

If it's of any help, I have used an older version of it and gave it up for several reasons.

Training it to understand your voice is a pain and takes ages, and it never seemed to get it right. When you speak, I spent more time saying 'Deletethat' to correct errors and to be honest, it was quicker to type it, it also took over all you programs on your PC which then refused to recognise any programs installed afterwards. I can only guess if newer versions have improved, but if you can type reasonably well, it wasn't worth the trouble.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top