Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Re: iPads are not the bees knees.

I am extremely embarrassed to find myself agreeing with Purwell, but on this very rare occasion he's right.

I wouldn't touch Crapple either. They just want to be different to Windows machines and also like to charge the Earth for it.

Realist, above, has explained things fully.

And I like the Captain Pickard picture, so I nicked it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Yes, you need to attach it to a laptop or pc, and go into iTunes.

Or simply drag and drop on the computer.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:28 PM

First of all on Purwell's post that I can see that is sensible, is that he has an Asus. I too have an Asus laptop, nice bit of kit.
All the other things that he mentions of the iPad, I knew when I bought it.
But it did what I needed to do at the time.
Heavy? Nah. I take my vitamins and exercise.
So I am going to look for another tablet, one with a detachable keyboard.
Cost? It's only money and I can't take it with me when I go.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes, you need to attach it to a laptop or pc, and go into iTunes.

Or simply drag and drop on the computer.
That is what I will have to do Jazzi. Drag and drop to the laptop, and then do the same from laptop to memory stick.
What a performance.
Ah hang on. I could drag and drop via the laptop to the memory stick.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:57 PM

I'm perfectly happy with my ipad, no problems with it all, I connect it to my Mac to transfer my photos.

When I had my original ipad, I bought a separate keyboard to attach to it .... it cost me 1p on Amazon at the time!

I also disagree with Realist saying the ipad is "Heavy as a brick" .... that's rubbish as mine weighs 437g whereas his Asus eee PC weighs 1.33kg
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
First of all on Purwell's post that I can see that is sensible, is that he has an Asus. I too have an Asus laptop, nice bit of kit.
All the other things that he mentions of the iPad, I knew when I bought it.
But it did what I needed to do at the time.
Heavy? Nah. I take my vitamins and exercise.
So I am going to look for another tablet, one with a detachable keyboard.
Cost? It's only money and I can't take it with me when I go.
Weren't me what said them t'ings, I just said I would not touch one with a bargepole.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm perfectly happy with my ipad, no problems with it all, I connect it to my Mac to transfer my photos.

When I had my original ipad, I bought a separate keyboard to attach to it .... it cost me 1p on Amazon at the time!

I also disagree with Realist saying the ipad is "Heavy as a brick" .... that's rubbish as mine weighs 437g whereas his Asus eee PC weighs 1.33kg
I agree as I said earlier I did my research and bought what I needed. I've found the iPad easy to use and light. I've not needed any extra storage but I have stopped keeping my pictures digitally and started making proper real life albums again, much prettier and lovely to look through.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

10-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Weren't me what said them t'ings, I just said I would not touch one with a bargepole.
Oh how very dare me. I do apologise of course it was not you but the Realistic person.
I have already washed my mouth out with carbolic soap.
Tie me to the main mast and give me a dozen lashes.
(Catch me first).
I have done what Jazzi suggested, and via my laptop, transferred the photos to the Eaget memory stick.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 04:40 PM

I have nothing to do with Android either, Windows may not be perfect but I find it easier to use.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Mrs mart has used an iPad 3 for quite a while. It works OK but she recently got a Surface Pro 4 and is far happier with that. Much better screen definition plus quite a bit faster in booting up. Programs open faster too. It has also got a full-sized USB 3.0 socket, which can be handy sometimes.

She didn't buy it with a keyboard because she wants to use it as a tablet. However, there is the option to buy the keyboard at a later date if that's what she wants to do.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top