Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Re: my windows 10 apps have disappeared

Funny isn't it how there are always so very many security holes in the O/S ready to be exploited. Always requiring a plethora of security updates . . .

It's almost as if they put the holes there deliberately !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Funny isn't it how there are always so very many security holes in the O/S ready to be exploited. Always requiring a plethora of security updates . . .

It's almost as if they put the holes there deliberately !
My experience of "softies" is that they are not that clever!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
FYI, I have now updated my pcs to the latest Cumulative level.

My W10 64 bit Notebook went through the update very well, even though it took over an hour to get there.

Having had a quick look, it (C level) appears to have some new stuff but nothing which I'd run through hoops for.

There are quite a few security fixes which I still want to trawl through.

My main W10 64 bit Desktop , however, ran into a problem and has been unable to achieve the new level.

It seems that my pc, and some others in various forums, has a corrupt file somewhere which prevents the update.

No damage is done, as the pc reverts back to the old W10 level, but will need to do much trawling of the web to get a solution.

A clean w10 install might become necessary but I'm not looking forward to all of the restoring/re-installing which often happens when you do this.

I might just wait for MS to provide a fix but I don't know how many years I've got left....!
A quick response (should really be in the other thread - about the update).

My W10 Desktop is now back on line after several days of trying to get the latest updates from failing.

Had to do the clean install, as per my prophecy, in order to get past the fact that two updates were jammed in the download pipe.

If you want to know more about the cuts & thrusts, just ask, otherwise I'll just get on with it.

By the way, hope you all have very good backups.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top